Daredevil | Doc Bryan

requested by MahshidShekari

i'm a sucker for +1 fics so i thought you'd enjoy one where three times doc patches up the reader bc they're a bit of a daredevil on missions and then the one time it's the reader patching up doc. mentions of guns, blood; implications of getting shot/hurt/etc.

~~~

---
One
---

"Sir, we are trapped. We can't move as a unit, but if I can just get up there--"

Lieutenant Fick nodded at you and you dashed off through enemy fire, dodging bullets and debris. You didn't stop for anything; you couldn't stop for anything. Not until you made it through and blew up the shack so everyone could keep moving.

Bursting into the run-down shack, you froze at the sound of a pistol being loaded and cocked. A man stood before you, said pistol pointed right at you. You set your weapon down and held up your hands.

"Don't shoot me, alright?" you said slowly, shaking your head. "Don't shoot."

The man didn't understand English, obviously, but you hoped that you could stall long enough to keep yourself from getting shot.

You had no such luck, though, when the man shot anyway and you felt a sharp pain in your arm. He ran out through the back before you could even pick up your gun and load it. You let out a curse; no time to focus on him. Pulling out the explosives, you rigged them up and set them up on a time delay, leaving you enough time to run out and get back to safety. 

You crouched behind a partially broken wall and covered your ears, the explosion going off very soon after. You stayed low, looking back towards where you had left Fick and saw him running forward with others on his heels. You ran towards them and joined them, carrying out the rest of the mission as usual.

No sooner had you set up for the night did you hear "(Y/N)!" being shouted.

You sighed, calling out, "Here, Doc."

Doc Bryan popped up and immediately began fussing over your arm.

"You," he began, pulling out disinfectant and cleaning your wound. "Need to be more careful out there. You have a complete disregard for your well-being."

"I'm not dead, though, am I?" you joked.

"Ha. Ha." he fake laughed, wrapping bandages around your wound. "If you die, I am personally going to bring you back and kill you myself." You laughed and he gave you a small smile. "Be careful, okay? We promised each other we'd make it out alive. And together."

You pressed a kiss to his cheek. "I know, babe. I'll try."

---
Two
---

"(Y/N), DUCK!" someone's voice shouted from the humvees.

You tried to crouch down as fast as you could, but you were too slow. The explosion that was set up went off, debris flew everywhere, and you felt some of it hit your cheek. You grimaced in pain and kept your head covered, waiting until the sound of rubble began to stop.

You looked towards the humvees, seeing some crouched down and some looking up tentatively. You took one last look at the rubble, nodded, then headed towards the humvees. You'd have to patch up your cheek before--

"(Y/N)! You okay?" Doc Bryan's familiar voice rang out. 

You hit the side of your humvee in frustration as you heard some nearby Marines snickering.