"oh-"
"I'm sorry", the girl whispered hastily and Inaya just nodded saying it was alright.

She bent down to pick up the notebook but her hand froze as she heard a very familiar voice booming in the almost empty parking lot,
"It's going to be a good experience anyway"
"Okay, I'll be there, Allah hafiz."

She looked towards the source and her mouth hung open seeing the most unexpected person in the most unexpected situation.

'Asfandyar?', she blinked as he tucked the phone in his pants taking slow steps towards her direction.

"oh shit!", Inaya stood up abruptly just to dodge the encounter but closed her eyes in embarrassment as she bumped into him mistakenly. In nervousness, she had turned towards his direction instead of the opposite.

"I..I'm so..sorry", she mumbled flinching back almost instantly. Her heartbeat pulsating with each passing second. What just happened?

She slightly raised her lashes to look at him but tucked her head back finding him staring at her already.
"I..I'm sorry, I-"
"It's okay", she stopped as his deep voice interrupted her blabbering, the faint scent of his cologne making her mind jumble up.

_______________

"Jee Abu, I met him yesterday."
"No, I'll be joining the office from tomorrow too, I only have three classes to take in a week.", Asfandyar stated fixing the collar of his jacket.
(Abu-father.)

"How could I not? You'd promised Mr. Hussain.", he said opening the door of his Land Cruiser and stepped out locking the car behind.

"It's going to be good experience anyway", he looked up towards the sky. The weather had gotten a bit chilly.
"Okay, I'll be there"
"Jee, Allah hafiz", he cut the call and tucked the phone in his pants.

He had just taken a few steps when out of nowhere a girl bumped into him causing his steps to halt. In instinct, his hands found their way around her shoulders, but before he could balance her, she jumped back hastily making him frown.

"I..I'm so..sorry", Asfandyar's eyes flickered to the little figure as soon as he heard the sweet voice hit his ears.  It was her. The girl from that day who had caused his mind to wander for a second. The little girl with hazel eyes. Rafay's sister.

"I..I'm sorry, I-"

"It's okay", he spoke putting a full stop to her stuttering. He kept gaping at her as she stole a glance his way, probably thinking of something to speak but then just turned around cautiously and bent to pick a notebook from the ground. His eyes went to the delicate bracelet on her right wrist, contrasting flawlessly with her pearl white skin.

'Was she a student here?', he thought examining the girl in blue with curiosity. Why was he even peeping at her? Asfandyar looked around brushing the tip of their nose with his forefinger. He was just about to say something when her melodious voice caused him to look at her once again,

"I..I..sorry", Inaya flickered before rushing towards the campus, her heart beating like hell.

Whereas, Asfandyar stood still at the same spot until her silhouette disappeared among the cars.

_______________

"Finally! Did you get it?", Mahrukh exclaimed as she saw Inaya walking towards her.

"Mahrukh, I saw him", Inaya mumbled softly, the frosty eyes crumbling her thoughts.

"Saw him? who?", Mahrukh inquired pulling her to the side.