A Trail For Two

A/N: I do apologise for the lateness of this chapter; however, I am currently going through a hard time in my personal life, but I am doing my best to write as much of this story as I can.

So, I want to thank all of you who are still sticking with me and this story. I really appreciate it.

This chapter was getting quite long so I decided to cut it in half. I have also tried to add some extra fluff to this chapter to make up for my absence so I hope you enjoy it. Reviews are always welcome.

I also just want to say that it is important now more than ever that us OutlawQueen fans stick together and show our support to both Lana and Sean and how much we love them.

Without further ado, enjoy! :)

____________________________________________________________

Once they got back to camp, it seemed almost as if the Merry Men hadn't known they had escaped the celebrations, enabling Wilma and Robin to avoid having to explain absence.

Alan is still strumming away as a few of the men dance around the campfire whilst the rest sit on their asses with a bottle of ale in hand. Giving her hand a gentle tug, the thief goes to lead the brunette over to a nearby log, however he is forced to stop when Arthur comes up to them and asks Wilma for a dance. Robin notices she hesitates before glancing over to him almost as if to ask for his permission. The blue-eyed man replies with a more than eager nod, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze before releasing it.

The thief watches as a bright smile forms on her lips and she turns to take Arthur's offered hand, letting him pull her closer to the music.

At first, she's rather clumsy and struggles to get her feet moving to the steps of the simple jig but with Arthur's help, Wilma manages to keep up. Robin basks in the laughter that resonates from her lips and the pure joy that is written on her face. He's more than happy that she decided to stay because he honestly does not want to see her leave any time soon, not when he feels what he does.

Once the song finishes, Wilma makes her way over to him, but instead of sitting next to him as the thief expected she would, the brunette grabs his hand and pulls him to his feet. "Come on! You have to dance too!" she exclaims as Alan starts playing a tune similar to the last one.

"Who says I have to?" Robin retorts, though he makes no attempt to pull his hand away.

"I do." Wilma states simply, turning her head to give him a mischievous smile.

Smirking, the outlaw questions, "You're not really giving me much say in this are you?"

"Not really, no." the woman replies. "But I don't see you complaining." she adds, staring him dead in the eyes as the grin on her face widens before she turns her attention to reaching their destination.

Robin chuckles softly as he shakes his head from side to side. This woman is something else he muses just as they reach the centre of camp. Wilma wastes no time in joining the jig the Merry Men have resumed, however the thief is slightly more hesitant. The brunette must notice his slight hesitation because she makes her way over to him before taking his hands in hers with a reassuring smile and gently pulling him further into the fray. From there she continues to hold onto his hands as she leads him in the steps of the dance and he lets her, though he doesn't really need it as he knows the moves all too well. But rather than focusing on the painful memories that this jig manages to bring him each time it is played, Robin focuses on the woman in front of him. Focuses on her blinding smile and the way her whiskey brown orbs are shining up at him. And slowly, the pain ebbs away as a grin makes its way onto his lips.