The Road to Love

A/N: I am so sorry it took me so long to update and all I'm going to say is that my life was unbearably busy over the past 2 months.

So, if you're still reading this I hope you'll really like this chapter.

Enjoy! :)

____________________________________________________________

Robin smiles as he sits on a fallen log near the makeshift fire, his fingertips brushing over his lips. The same lips Wilma had just kissed. God, he's never felt anything like it. Even now his heart flutters as he recalls how right it felt to have her soft and full lips against his.

Sighing, the blue-eyed man brings his gaze over to the tent where the brunette is currently sleeping and a smile forms on his lips. That woman really is something he muses.

He knows he's already falling for her, after all the thief cannot deny the strong pull he feels towards the brown-eyed beauty, especially since she consumes the majority of his thoughts. He can't quite put his finger on it, but this connection he feels is becoming deeper than anything he has ever felt before.

However, as his gaze drifts back to the weakening fire, Robin feels he should remain cautious when displaying his affections. Because even though Wilma clearly reciprocates his feelings the blue-eyed man must remind himself to be patient. After all whatever is blooming between them is still fresh and new and the outlaw doesn't want to run the risk of scaring the brown-eyed woman off.

It won't be easy, considering how the blue-eyed man has become so intrigued with the woman his lips and heart are in no rush to forget.

But Robin already knows that he will do whatever it takes for her to remain in his life, and her in his and that no matter what his role is in her life may be, he vows to give her the life she so desperately deserves.

So, it's with these thoughts and a smile on his lips that the thief douses the fire before pulling the flap aside and entering the tent to gain some sleep.

____________________________________________________________

When Robin wakes it's to the singing of birds, so the blue-eyed man takes a moment to revel in the music of the forest as he stretches out his sleep-stiffened limps. Suddenly his nose becomes aware of the delicious smell that's currently wafting through the small opening of the tent and upon opening his eyes, he notices that the makeshift cot on the other side of the tent is empty. Assuming that Wilma had taken it upon herself to prepare some breakfast, the outlaw throws back the blankets and moves through the tent's flap.

Upon exiting, Robin takes another inhale of the appetising scent before a loud yawn escapes his lips.

"Well, look who's finally woken up." murmurs a familiar raspy voice.

Immediately, the thief turns his head, only for his blue eyes to find a pair of brown ones already gazing back at him with playful glint that shines within them. "Apologies, milady," he replies with a smile as his eyes glance down to the smirk on her lips, "but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try some of your cooking."

"So, you're telling me you slept in on purpose?" the brunette asks, cocking an eyebrow and moving closer to him as he gives a small nod in response. "Well, I'm sorry to say that I haven't done much cooking this morning." she admits with a chuckle.

"That's a shame," Robin pouts, "I was looking forward to it."

"I'll bet you were." the brown-eyed woman murmurs, wrapping her arms his neck and the outlaw doesn't hesitate to take the opportunity to wrap his own around her waist. "How about I make us something later instead?" Wilma asks, her fingers playing with a few strands at the base of his neck.