Out in the Air

Chapter 19: Out in the Air

A/N: Surprise! Yes, I am alive! Hopefully there are some of you who haven't given up on this story yet...

I'm so sorry it has taken me forever to post and you have every right to be mad with me, but just know that a lot of changes have happened in my personal life and I am still learning to adjust to them.

This chapter was a real piece of work as I always kept changing my mind about it so I hope it won't be too much of a drag for you guys to read.

So, for those of you who are still interested, please enjoy! :)

_____________________________________________________________

"What were you really doing that day I rescued you?"

Upon hearing his words, Regina swears her heart stops.

Robin deserves to know, an insistent voice whispers inside her head. She knows he does, she knows she has to tell him the truth and yet there is a part of her that is genuinely scared to reveal the full extent of the horrors she's committed.

All for one simple reason; Regina doesn't want to risk losing him.

Yes, Robin said he could never hate her and that nothing could change his feelings towards her, yet the brunette still has her doubts – after all, who could ever love a monster like her?

But I need to tell him, the same voice persists, The only way our relationship even stands a chance is if we're completely honest with each other.

Realising her inner voice is right, Regina inhales a shaky breath before shifting her hands to take hold of his. "I think it's best if we discuss this whilst sitting down." she mutters, gently pulling on one of his hands to lead him towards the waiting chaise. Upon sitting down, Regina releases Robin's hands from within hers, being sure to leave some distance between them, "As you know, I have magic. And I have to admit it can be quite the effective tool." She doesn't fail to notice how Robin's brow furrows in disbelief at her comment. Coming to the conclusion that she might as well get it all out, the brunette continues, "I told you I'm a terrible person, and though I may not know what stories you've heard, I can almost guarantee they're probably all true." Fiddling with her fingers, Regina inhales a shaky breath and looks him straight in the eye as she states, "I killed the King."

The outlaw's only response is for his eyes to widen in what she can only assume is shock. Swallowing against the lump within her throat and averting her gaze, she continues, "He wasn't the only one. I was always sure to make an example of those that would try to defy me and I have the heart collection to prove it. Though to be honest, I've lost count of how many people I've either tortured or murdered.

"What Rumplestiltskin told you was the truth. That day you rescued me, I had asked him to disguise my true form with a cloaking spell so I could get close to Snow White without suspicion." she reveals, lowering her gaze towards her lap where she continues to nervously wring her hands. "But upon entering the town square, I happened to come across some vendors who'd fashioned a doll in my image, offering passers-by to try their luck at sinking an arrow into my heart." the brunette says bitterly, refusing to give into the thief's burning gaze, "Naturally, I tried to stop them, but in doing so some of my black knights noticed the commotion and assumed I was the one behind it all." She can't help but to darkly chuckle as the memory of Berkley and Rivers dragging her towards the public execution platform flashes across her mind's eye. I'll be sure to make those two suffer for making that mistake, she thinks, mulling over all the possible ways in which she can punish those idiots.