Chapter 31

Nylas nose felt as if it was going to fall off; she had spent a lot of time outside and it finally caught up to her. She was sitting in Madam Pomfrey's hospital room waiting for some medicine for the flu she caught.

"You'll need some rest and try to stay inside and warm as much as you can," Pomfrey said, handing her a bottle of liquid medicine.

"Drink it all'' she said before turning away to attend her other business. Nyla opened the bottle and took it all in one go because of the taste. Nyla shook her head and her face scrunched up. She grabbed her bag and said her farewells to Pomfrey now heading to the common room.

She walked in and saw it was empty. She sat down in front of the fireplace that had the painting hanging over it. She was breathing through her mouth because of her congestion and it was getting really uncomfortable. As Nylas head was laying back on the sofa with her eyes closed she heard the door opening.

So Nyla turned around to see who it was and saw George walk in with Ginny but didn't get up to say hi.

"Hey are you okay?"  he asked worried because Nylas eyes were getting heavy and were hard to hold up so she looked like she hadn't slept for days and her nose was getting all pink. George got closer to her, but she backed away. "No, I'm sick" she said half jokingly.

But George still moved closer, she moved further back trying to create as much distance.

"George, I'm serious , I'm sick" she said but the smile she had didn't make her look so serious.

"I don't care though, come here" he declared. Nyla shook her head going around the sofa and towards the girls rooms.

"No, you're going to get sick too" she stated almost at the straits that lead to the girls dormitory. He caught her by her hips and hugged her from the back and whispered "I don't care". George placed his hand on her forehead asking. "Did you already go to Madam Pomfrey's?" Nyla nodded her head yes.

"Okay then come on you should take a nap with the medicine Pomfrey gives you. I'm sure you'll be better when you wake up.

George picked her up bridal style and to that Nyla replied "George my legs still work im very much capable of walking" se rolled her eyes with a smile tugging at her lips. But George being the stubborn boy he is, he refused to put her down and laid her on her bed.

"Okay now wait outside so I can change'' Nyla said, pushing him out the door and closing it. She changed into pants that were green and red and extremely fluffy and Georges sweater.

Once Nyla finished she opened the door and George walked in and handed her a hair tie for her hair. But before he left her to rest he kissed her forehead, ruffled her hair and said goodnight in the softest sweetest voice that made Nyla feel as if she was lifted off her feet and was sitting on a cloud "goodnight" she replied and went to sleep.

~*~

It was now the next day and Nyla felt much better. She was now in Potions and mixing things inside a cauldron with Neville. And she hadn't seen George all day. She hoped they could hang out now that she's feeling better but she felt as if he was avoiding her. After everyone finished Snape checked and graded how well their Potions were then had them clean everything up and sent them off to their next class.

On their way to DADA Nyla saw George and ran up to him asking if he wanted to spend some time together later on, but he gave a different excuse than yesterday, shutting the idea down. But Nyla didn't want to be clingy so she let him do what he needed to and just went to the common room. She had a book to catch up with anyways and homework to finish so she occupied herself with all that.

Nyla put down the book she was reading, Horror books were becoming a bore, she was walking over to the library to get a book from a different genre. On her way she saw George talking with a girl and  gave her a small box that looked like a gift Nyla was curious so she got closer out of his view and heard him speak.

"Since you're the one at the edge, hand this to me okay?".

"Of course, George this is so adorable" the girls squealed Nyla shook her head. She was being nosy so she walked away and dismissed any negative ideas. I doubt George would do such a thing, Nyla thought to herself. She turned to the library and picked out a book from the mystery section. It was much more intriguing, she couldn't wait to read it with George when he's free.

~*~

It has been two days and Nyla and George haven't hung out one bit, mostly because George would give the lamest of excuses every time Nyla wanted to do something. She wasn't mad but she was sad that maybe he was getting bored of being with her.

It was now Thursday evening and Nyla went through loads of books bored out of her mind. And George was always sneaking around and no matter how tempted Nyla was to follow him and find out what he did, she didn't ,if I was supposed to know I'd be told, Nyla kept telling herself.

And it wasn't only George being seriously weird but Ginny had also been weirdly over busy and barely spoke to her then after transfiguration Hermione and Ginny both said they had something to do together and left. So now she had no George to keep her company and now, no Hermione or Ginny.

Which really sucked because she didn't want to go outside too much either. Nyla was now one hundred percent sure George thinks she is plain and decided that he doesn't want to be her's anymore but just doesn't know how to let her know.

"Yea he's going to tell her tomorrow morning he's been planning it for days'' Nyla heard Ginny's voice as she came closer to their bedroom door. She entered and the room and the girls fell silent almost immediately.  Nyla just changed into comfy clothes and stuffed her face in her bed.

"Nyla, why are you going to sleep? It's only 6" Ginny asked. Nyla just shrugged her shoulders feeling betrayed that they knew he was going to break up with her and didn't think of telling her. "Nyla are you okay?" Hermione asked, Nyla shrugged her shoulders again. "just tired". She stated blankly, her voice muffled by the pillow.

"Are you-" Hermione had started, Nyla turned her face to be heard better.

"Yes I'm sure!" she spat, then pulled her blankets over herself and closed her eyes. She wasn't the slightest bit tired but she didn't feel like being awake either. After the girls left, Nyla got out of her bed and checked the time it had been an hour since they left. So Nyla just took out a canvas and her paintbrushes she decided she wanted to paint to take her mind off things.

She pulled out purple and decided she wanted to paint herself in a beautiful dark purple gown. She traced out everything she needed but the point of view was from the back. Once Nyla finished ,it was a painting of the dress dragging behind her with small gems on the end on it and her long balck hair pouring on her back like a waterfall, she was walking on one thin line that was white and everything else but Nyla and the line was balck.

She put it down for it to dry and realized it was eight thirty-four. Hermione walked in with Ginny laughing and enjoying their night when they saw Nyla on the ground with the painting doing some last minute touch ups.

"Oh Nyla, you're awake?" Hermione asked.  Nyla turned around to them and lifted her eyebrows as an answer and continued to do her work.

"We thought you'd gone to sleep, why'd you wake up, are you okay?" This time it was Ginny who spoke.  Nyla just gave them a thumbs up, when the girls realized Nyla wasn't going to tell them  anything  they left it alone. Nyla hung up her painting to dry and went to sleep for real this time.

Can someone please give me tips on how to shift 😭😭hope you have a great day, afternoon or night mwahh:))