Chapter 16

I was now standing next to Nevile who was listening intently to Mrs. Sprout talking about the benefits of Puffapod and how it drives trolls away. We then got a chance to replant small Puffapods into new soil. My hands were now dirty, and my apron had soil all over it.

Neville seemed to be enjoying himself a lot, and it made me happy to see him joyful. We had potions after this and I think Neville had remembered too because as the end of class was nearing he frowned. I looked over to him with a concerned look until he said he was fine but I knew he wasn't. I wish I knew how bad this teacher was.

The class was dismissed, and we walked out. Neville and I walked over to Snape's classroom and sat down, when Professor Snape walked in.

"Good afternoon class" he spoke like he'd rather be anywhere else but here.

"I see we have a new student" he said looking at me. He stared at me balnkly for a second until he asked in a very bored tone "Care to introduce yourself?". I smiled and took my notebook out to write down 'hello my name is Nyla' but he came up to me and in an angry voice said. "Answer my question" I pointed to the notebook trying to explain I'm writing it down. But He forcefully grabbed it and it vanished from his hands. I looked at him and his face was full with fury.

"I will not be ignored" he said girrting his teeth.Ron stood up and tried defending me.

"She doesn't speak, she uses the notebook to talk!" he said abruptly Professor Snape stood up straight and looked at Ron.

"10 points will be deducted from gryffindor."I gave Ron an apologetic look and he shook his head, crossing his arms.

"Don't worry, the bloody teacher is always like this," Ron explained. During the rest of the class period, he would seem to pick on me a lot, and favored the Slytherins. He was especially rude to Hermione, Neville, Harry and Ron. He didnt even need to have a reason to insult them. No no wonder everyone dislikes him.

Once class was over, I let out a sigh of relief. We walked into the cafeteria to eat lunch, and were joined by the twins once again. George patted her head and grabbed a plate and started putting food on it.

"Did you already finish eating" I shook my head no at George's question.

"Well, are you at least gonna eat something?" He asked, stacking my plate with food. I leaned closer to him "George you know I can't finish all this" he gave me a toothy grin "Whatever you can't finish, just send it my way." I smiled and covered my cheeks, his smile making me blush from how adorable it was.

"I can tell you're blushing. You don't hide it very well." George chuckled. He leaned onto my shoulder, which made me blush even more. He ruffled my hair and laughed.

We finished eating, and George walked me to DADA, even though I insisted that he goes to his own class. I entered the class and professor Lupin was already there waiting for everyone to fill up the seats.

"Alright class, let's start off with the new student. I'm sure everyone knows her by now" He said walking around the class. I sighed thinking he was going to be cruel too but it was the complete opposite.

"I want everyone to be considerate. Nyla is someone who prefers not to speak and I'd like you all to respect that" he said sternly. I smiled and felt at peace now I don't have to worry about getting introuble over the smallest of things.

He clapped his hands and turned to something that was covered by a big piece of cloth.

"Okay today we are going to be learning about..." He pulled the cloth off and inside was what looked like a pale-green water demon. It's upper body had a flat head, black eyes, small horns, and instead of feet it had tentacles. Everyone shrieked with fear at the sight of it. It was snapping it's jaw at us trying to get out of the water tank.

"Does anyone know what this is?" He asked looking around the class. Hermoine shot her hand up, as per usual.

"Yes, Hermione," he said, waiting for her to stand up and answer the question. She stood up and answered. "That's a grindylow sir. It's very aggressive to everything except merpeople" she said it proudly and sat down. Professor Lupin pointed his finger to her and said "Correct!, and we're going to learn how to repel one or loosen its grip if it has gotten a hold of you".

"Revulsion jinx, repeat after me" the whole class joined him saying it together "Revulsion Jinx!" Professor lupin then took his wand out "Alright now lemme show you how it works the bites don't hurt, the way they kill is to hold on tight until you drown". He then stuffed his hand in the water and the grindylow grabbed onto his arm snarling and growling.

"Revulsion!" he exclaimed firmly the water boiled and shot at the demon and it whimpered and let go of his arm.

"See the revulsion jinx-" Professor Lupin started but was cut off by Hermione raising her hand wanting to finish his statement. Mr. Lupin smiled and gestured his hand for her to continue what he was talking about.

"It shoots out boiling water at the direction of your choice, but if you don't know how to control the spell then it could go horribly wrong and boil you as well." she smiled and sat down again.

"Correct 5 points for gryffindor, well done Miss Granger, now what we're going to do is for the each of you I will drop a piece of wood in the tank and you must get the grindylow to let go, and the hot water doesn't hurt them they have thick skin it just irritates them-- okay line up".

Everyone lined up taking out their wands happily and Professor Lupin had dropped wood in and as earlier it swam at it quickly and growled as it dug it's claw into the wood. "Revulsion!" lavender exclaimed as she pointed her wand at the grindylow that had returned to its corner. Every student had a chance to cast the spell including me but it wasn't as powerful. The grindylow had just let go for a second and grabbed back onto the wood. Professor Lupin reassured me that I'll get better at it and I just needed to practice.

Hope your having a nice day, afternoon or night mwahh:)