Chapter 19

It was now wednesday and I felt so exhausted for some reason. I checked the time and it was three AM. I went to the common room with my book titled 'Road to Me' after trying to go back to sleep but failing. It was a horror story about a girl hiking and  she finds some campers and they ask her to join a game  and it starts slowly killing them and only one can leave the forest road to freedom. I had been reading for a while now the main character and the last four out of the ten were left.

"I had a feeling you were awake" I turned to George from fear, I sighed.

"You scared me", I said, putting my hand over my chest. I turned back around and continued reading when I could feel him next to my face. I turned to him and he was an inch away from me reading the book. He brought his arm around and turned the book to show the cover.

"It's a horror book" I said as he came around the sofa and sat down next to me.

"Well, want to read it together"? he asked as he put his arm around my shoulder. I didn't lean toward him but instead started reading out loud. It had been a while and it was getting near the end and I was so into it that I had not remembered that I was still mad at George. I closed my book and scooted away.

"I'm still mad at you, so shoo! Shoo!" I said reminding him he wasnt s slick as he thought. He pulled me by legs towards him and put them over his lap and he held them down with his arms.

"If you're so mad at me why are you wearing my sweater" he smirked.  I blushed I had forgotten that I was wearing that. 

"Just because I'm wearing it doesn't mean I forgive you for snooping" I crossed my arms and He lifted me up and sat me on his lap with my back facing him.

"George put me down!" I whispered yell. He ignored me and opened the book, I realized that he was clearly not going to listen so I just started reading.

He was now playing with the strings of my sweatpants not even paying attention to the story.

"Are you really not gonna talk to me anymore?" he asked sadly, I turned to the side and he put his head onto my chest.

"I'm just embarrassed you got to see all my flaws and everything I thought" He held me tighter and asked. "Would you want to hear my thoughts then?" I nodded my head yes and he sat up straight which made us eye to eye and put his hand onto my cheek. And staried into them for a minute before saying. "Well right now i'm thinking that the girl sitting on my lap is insanely gorgeous". I blushed and turned my back to him covering my face with my hands. He then brought his hands around and pulled my hands away from my face.

"And that her blush is my favorite shade of red" he laughed as I got up quickly before I bursted with heat.

"I should sleep it's almost morning", I said, trying to get up. He stood up and stood so closely behind me I could feel his stomach on my back".

Talk to me when you want to be but just know i'm not done trying" he said as he tilted my chin up and kissed my forehead, ruffled my hair and left. I stood there for maybe 10-15 minutes hugging my book. I eventually left the common room and went to my room. It was now 5am and I was deciding whether to stay awake or go to sleep. I decided to finish my book and the ending was marvelous of course everyone died, but it was good.

Hermione was now waking up and looking at me shocked because she usually has to wrestle me out of bed. I smiled and waved at her. The paper flew to her and wrote 'good morning hope you slept well'.  She nodded her head and we woke the other up so they could get a chance to freshen up. Once we had  brushed our teeth, washed our face and did what we had to do we changed to our uniforms.

"You want me to braid your hair again?" Ginny asked, usually because she was the only one who had a strong enough grip to tame it. I placed my hand where George's hand was last night and shook my head no with a smile.

She gave me a thumbs up and we left to get breakfast when I realized I had forgotten my potions book. I told them I'd be right back and ran to the room to get it. When I entered George was on my bed, I smacked his leg as I said "What are you doing here, what part of stop snooping do you not understand?". He sat up putting what was in his hand down,

"First off that hurt and second I wasnt snooping I came to walk to you breakfast then I saw these paintings laying around".

I looked over to the painting he was holding and it was the painting I made with Nevill. I tried grabbing it but he moved out of my way.

"Oh so these are yours?, you're very talented" he said looking at it.  I tried grabbing it again but he was now standing up.

"Who were you painting?" he asked, "no one" I said short and stiff.

"Really, no one?, that looks alot like you" He pointed to the girl in the red dress. I climbed onto my bed and leaped off onto his back. "Well it's not, now hand it over!"  I said growing impatient.

"Aaaaand this one is, hmmm, looks alot like me don't you think?" he was now turning it upside down like he was examining it and was keeping it out of my reach with ease.

"Am I right?" he asked asI hopped off realizing it's no use.

"No, you are not right, you're such a pain"I huffed, moving my hair out of my face. He bent over to come face to face with me  and said. "Yes,yes I am but..." he put his finger up then pointed at me "I'm your pain". I looked at him like he was the dumbest person alive and while he was distracted I leaped to grab it. But he lifted it up in the air, much to far for me to grab.

"I'm keeping this by the way it really connected with me you know?" he said, pissing me off even more.

"No I don't know and I don't have time to deal with you. I came here to get my potions book" I said grabbing it and dragging him with me closing the door behind us.

"I think I should hang  this up on top of my bed back home" he winked at me. 'Nyla you're still mad at him,' I told myself.

"Do what you want, I'm going to be late for transfiguration". I dismissed him and he went to his room while I ran to class and sat down next to Ginny and Hermione who were wondering where I had gone. I just wrote I couldn't find my book and they left me alone.

Hope your having a nice day, afternoon or night mwahh:))