"Who said that I was crying? I was not crying. I am a little man. Why would I cry? Believe me, my mom was lying to you." He immediately denied it while avoiding my eyes, waving his little hands hurriedly in front of me.

I chuckled a little and stood up. I held his hand and asked, " I believe you. Your mom must be lying then. Aren't you feeling bored staying all alone here? So let's go to my house..okay?"

He bobbed his head in agreement and looked at Latha ma before started saying, " Look after the house in my absence."

He told her like a little matured man and latha ma shook her head helplessly and nodded at him in agreement before passing me a smile

I laughed at his words and bid goodbye to latha ma before going out with him.

Once we both got settled in the car, he started looking at me like he was hesitating to ask me about something.

"What's the matter?" I asked him after noticing his actions.

"That..that pretty Akka.. Will she be at home?" He asked meekly and I know very well for that matter who that pretty Akka is.

I stifled my laughter and replied, "No. She went to her university," Hearing my answer, his face fell a little but soon brightened up after hearing the rest of my words, "but she will be back at noon."

He nodded at me with a grin.

After reaching home, I took him inside. Immediately Athayya started pinching his cheeks and smooched his face. He puffed his cheeks adorably and looked at me helplessly.

When Athayya went to the kitchen to bring him some snacks, I approached him while laughing.

"Normally you don't like it when someone pulls your cheeks na. Then why are you behaving like an obedient little lamb in front of her?" I asked while cocking my brows at him.

"She is not anyone. She is the mother of that pretty Akka. So I have to impress her first to get into her good books." He replied cockily and I immediately smacked his head.

"Stop watching those stupid daily soaps with your grandma.l," I chided him and he glared at me while rubbing the spot that I had smacked just now.

When Aadhya came back from her university, we all had lunch together. Athayya informed me that mavayya(father-in-law) is returning from his trip.

My dad and he, along with some of their other friends went on a trip to chill out together. So they are returning from that trip today.

Advith was taking his afternoon nap in my room and I was sitting with Athayya and Aadhya in the living room when mavayya returned home.

We all greeted him and he summoned Aadhya and me to sit at either side of him. I smiled at him and sat beside him. He always treats Aadhya and me equally.

He opened his bag and took some boxes before handing them to Aadhya. She opened them and the boxes were full of chocolates and candies and the small box had a diamond pendant in it.

When I saw the chocolates, I pouted a little and looked at him accusingly.

"Mavayya, where are my treats? Do you forget my existence already?" I whined and he laughed a little at my words before handing me a small bag.

" You are also my daughter na then how can I forget you ra?" He said with a warm smile. I grinned at him with glee and opened that bag.

There are so many chocolates, cookies, candies..what not and also there was a small box. After opening it, I immediately looked at him in surprise. He just passed me a smile in reply. There is a pair of Jhumkas with gemstones embedded on them. Jhumkas are my favorite jewelry.