"Is Ross going to be there?" He asked quietly.

"I don't know." I said kinda wishing he was and he wasn't.

"Are you going to talk to him? If he is." He asked.

" I don't know." I murmured, hoping he wouldn't hear me but Alan has ears like mouse!

"Laura!" He yelled.

"What? I'm nervous."I respond. It true. I dont know how Ross will react? I don't know if he'll even listen to me for a minute.

"Laura, you can't fix something if your busy avoiding it. Where's the fearless confident leader of Jefferson high?! Own the room tonight and talk to him." Alan encouraged me, I took a deep breath and nodded.

"I can do this, I can do this." I whispered to myself.

"Atta girl! Make sure to call me and tell me how it goes." He said.

"I will, I promise." I said as Jenny brought the dresses.

"Alright Laura, I gotta go but have fun tonight. And remember you can do this, just tell him how you feel. Speak from the heart." He said.

"Thank you, for everything." I breathed out as I smiled. Alan was the best.

"You welcome. Later!" He said and hung up. I turned my attention to Jenny who looked at me with huge grin.

"What?" I asked. Every time she smiled like that, something was up.

"You're going to look so hot!" She squealed and pulled over to bed as she attacked me with her make-up bag, rambling about the dress and shoes.

Oh god...

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

At the Dance

I felt so beautiful as we walked up the stairs to enter the ballroom. Jenny dresses me a tight black dress And some pumps. Which were kind tiring but did add like three inches to my height. Awesome!

After what felt like a mountain of climbing stairs, we finally made it. Jenny and Greg walked hand in hand as I trailed quietly behind them.

As soon as I walked into the room, I saw bright twinkly lights and heard loud music blaring through the speakers as happy sweaty teenagers moved to the beat of the music. Seconds later, I felt a bright hot light blind my eyesight.

"Whoa." I said trying to reliant my eye sight as I noticed everyone's sight on me. Well now I am definitely nervous. I scanned the millions pairs of eyes that stared at me, hoping to find the sweet hazel eyes that drew me in a trance. Sadly, I couldn't find them.

We continued to walk into the ballroom looking for a place to sit, while I looked around for Ross. I was kind hoping he would be here, there's such so many people I can't seem to find him.

I sighed. Well I look hot for nothing.

I was going to talk to Jenny but that's when I noticed that I was all alone and Greg and her were dancing on the dance floor.

"What a great night..." I mumbled sitting down as I stuffed my face with shrimp until I saw a chocolate fountain over the snack table.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.---.-.-

"Having fun?" Jenny yelled as she sat down after dancing to 6 songs straight.

"Yeah sure... Loads of fun." I said sarcastically as I sighed, looking down. Ross was no where to be seen, I was really hoping that we could work things out tonight. Maybe even try to be friends, but I guess the universe hates me.