15. ●Bonheur●

Happiness.
Happiness in the air.

Slow breezes giggling as they play with the little drizzles. Autumn leaf of October, slow pace around them. As they lay beside one another grazing those stars shimmering in happiness, both smiles, as certain feelings engulf them both.
One found love.
Another found Home.
Both found happiness, in each other.

Moiety a year and it's flawless bliss, for both. This time promises are kept, a feeling that never for once left Amaya's mind. Her nuptials day is still surreal for her. Ahad Ahmed Khan, her ex-husband, her Lover, her nightmare, someone whom she left years ago, eons ago.
But grief stayed, so did their love.
Snubbing all these things, he came to her wedding, he walked her down the lane.

Love finds another meaning that day. Love means letting go.
Love means putting else's happiness before our own.
He did that.
Ahad did that for his Maya.

Love smiles in the background. Pain laughed behind the clouds. Happiness found their way through the woods, towards them. That day still takes a recap in front of her eyes, so many times she thought it to be a dream, a beautiful dream, an illusion, like a mirage in a deadly desert on a summer afternoon, perhaps no. It wasn't. It is rather a precious reality, like petrichor that stays after every thundering stormy night.

Zain Amir is just like the morning after such a starry stormy night. He is the hope that comes with petrichor and sunrays.

As Amaya smiles leaning towards him, he tightens his hold around her bare waist. As she exhales he inhales. She is his breath now.

Summer is gone in happiness and monsoon in love this autumn is giving another hope. He is on top of cloud nine, Amaya Kareem is finally home, as a friend as his wife. Wife. A name, thousand of emotions, tons of unspoken words, but when there is happiness, they need none. And this time, Zain and Amaya found it.

Snuggling more in his chest, she bites him hard on the neck.

"Argh... Amu don't."

It will surely leave a mark, a mark she gave him, intentionally, or maybe not.

"Why so? Did you stop when I asked you to?"

"I did."

"When?"

"Last morning, when we are doing, you know kinds of stuff of baby-making process but then you are getting late for your flight and I was just.."

"I swear to Zain Amir you are the shameless idiot I have ever seen."

"Your shameless idiot my love"

"All these years were just a facade right, the whole act of being decent, isn't it"

"Well, its not my fault that I lose my control every time I see you. Afterall you are too beautiful and hot for me to.."

" Shut up Zain."
A throaty laugh left him, her favourite sound nowadays, she hides in his arms as redness taints her cheeks. Zain Amir is a shameless idiot, perhaps, her idiot.

"Amu?" He calls her, she just nodded.

"Do you want kids?" He asks her, finally, cautiously.
Silence fills the room. Chipping crickets can be heard, as the winds stop for a second, trees stilled for a moment, as she keeps mum for a while. A sad smile comes on his lips, he shouldn't have asked her this.