7. ●Scars of Past●

Dard itna tha ki us raat dil-e-wahshi ne

har rag-e-jaan se ulajhna chaha

har bun-e-mu se tapakna chaha

aur kahin dur tere sahn mein goya

patta patta mere afsurda lahu mein dhul kar

husn-e-mahtab se aazurda nazar aane laga

mere virana-e-tan mein goya

sare dukhte hue reshon ki tanaben khul kar

silsila-war pata dene lagin

ruKHsat-e-qafila-e-shauq ki tayyari ka

aur jab yaad ki bujhti hui shamon mein nazar aaya kahin

ek pal akhiri lamha teri dildari ka

dard itna tha ki us se bhi guzarna chaha

hum ne chaha bhi magar dil na thaharna chaha

Faiz Ahmed Faiz

~~~~~

On the midnight of a certain date in the month of March. Amaya lays in the solitary bed. Unknown to her familiar demons engulfs her mind as her eyelids took control to shut her out to propel her in a state of dilemma.

The clock shows 2am sharp. The darkness engulfs the silent night with no sign of moonlight in the sky.
Midnight glory is nowhere to be found perhaps silence of the valley tonight doesn't screams peace like always.

The sudden ringtone of her phone brings Amaya out of her intense reading season. The familiar name pops up on her phone screen and without a delay she accepts the call.

The person on the other side have a quite slurry voice, evidence enough that he is drunk.

"Where are you? Just tell me the location I will be there in minutes?"

Noting down the address she rushed to place without thinking twice. Ignoring her screaming heart, she enters the bar and take him back with her.

Although she doesn't know what had happened but she is certain it must be something bad.

"Will you leave me too?" He asked in his slurry voiced.
He reeked of alcohol, his eyes are blood red, tears and pain evident on those.

A little blood on lips, maybe he got into a fight too.
All in one, he is a complete mess, a mess which Amaya have to pay for.

"You know I can't" She is angry on him, upset with him and maybe in pain too because of all the things he did to her over the last month.

Though he has always been her 11:11 pm wish, she is his 2 AM drunk call. And this reality hit her hard.
But this doesn't mean she will not care for him; she will always do that.
Love make us do crazy things.

"It's not about that you know, like you can do that but."

"But I won't unless you cross the limit"