Endgame

Ink poured into the ship. Tide morphed into a squid just as the pressure of spawning started. Five seconds later he found himself on a floating courtyard. Neon lights lined its edges, but Tide kept his eyes on the giant navy fish looming over him. The Great Zapfish, finally.

"Stay back, Agent 3!"

That voice.

He tore he eyes the fish and scanned the area. Metal tentacles floated all around, stagnant in the surrounding darkness. There! On a neon lit orb Cap'n stood, tied firmly to a post.

"Its a trap!"
"Figures" Agent One groaned.
"But we don't have a choice!"

Tide took a step forward, green lights enveloped the fish and it was pulled inside a spherical ship. In the center of the craft an angry octopus glared at him.
"GYHA HA HA! Time to remix your face!"

Torpedoes launched from cannons. Tide stepped to the side just as a giant metal fist crashed next to where his head was.
"Aim for the fists!" Agent Two yelped.
When next time one came his way Tide managed to send it flying back to the DJ.
He flew a few meters backwards before staging a counterattack. The exchange continued until Tide hit Octavio for the third time.

"I will take back what is mine!" Octavio yelled before retreating to another platform. Tide followed with the help of a launchpad. As the battle wore on swear streaked down his face. As if torpedoes, fists, and the occasional pulsing ink bomb wasn't enough Octavio started summoning octobombers and twintacles. After defeating one of the octobombers Tide stumbled right into the crossfire of a killer wail and was instantly splatted.

Sighing, he floated to the nearest spawner and charged once more. Eventually, he reached the base of a platform that climbed diagonally. Using the balloon at the base he scatters the torpedoes and octoballers hurled his way, yet every step he took seemed harder than the last. While DJ Octavio still scratched it his beats as he threw a barrage of attacks at Tide. In a last ditch effort he sent the DJ flying to another platform before collapsing on the concrete.

All his muscles ached. Come on! I'm so close. Suddenly a familiar melody chased away Octavio's music.

"What's this? Where's mah beats!?" Octavio shouted.

"Agent Three, can you hear our song?"
Agent 1 asked.

"Wait, your song? The Calimari Inkantantion?" Tide mumbled, "You're the--"

"Radio override activated!" Agent Two yelled.

"Huh?!" Cap'n squirmed out of his ropes, "That heavenly melody! It's the one and only SQUID SISTERS!"

"Don't you ever worry your granddaughters like that again!"

"Agent Three! Take care of Gramps for us, 'kay?"

"Final push! Charge!!"

Shakily, Tide rose to his feet.
"For Cap'n, for Inkopolis!"
He super-jumped after Octavio and landed on the next check point spawner. The last one.

Immediately Octavio sent a killer wail at him.

"As they say--sometimes the best offense... is running for your life!" Two said.

"Easy for you to say!" Tide dived into an inkline to wait out the wail.  Tide chased the ship to a narrow strip of concrete. Cap'n danced on a floating orb.

"Show 'em how its done!"

The DJ glowered down at Tide.
"Time...to put an end... to you!"

After what seemed like an endless bout of ink and octobots the DJ fell from his seat in the protected ship.