Daylight

"I don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you
I don't wanna think of anything else now that I thought of you
I've been sleeping so long in a 20-year dark night
And now I see daylight, I only see daylight
Luck of the draw only draws the unlucky
And so I became the butt of the joke
I wounded the good and I trusted the wicked
Clearing the air, I breathed in the smoke
Maybe you ran with the wolves and refused to settle down
Maybe I've stormed out of every single room in this town
Threw out our cloaks and our daggers because it's morning now
It's brighter now, now"
~Taylor Swift~

The funeral was small and intimate. Everyone was pretty shaken up about what had happened,  but Wynonna took it the hardest.

The first few days were the worst, but after that Wynonna's demeanor flipped a 180 as if nothing horrible had even happened.

If you hadn't known that Wynonna just lost one of the people closest to her, you would never have guessed that deep down she was broken.

Waverly was worried. She knew that Wynonna was at her breaking point and it was only a matter of time before the explosion.
So, in the truest of Waverly fashions, she enlisted Nicole's help in the matter.  Nicole hadn't a clue on how to get Wynonna to open up, but there was no way in hell Nicole could say no to Waverly's puppy dog eyes.

And deep down she knew her best friend needed her and she couldn't give up on her friend. Not now, not ever.

Nicole walked into Wynonna's room and picked up a pillow. She threw it at Wynonna's head and grinned.

"Get up asshat, we're going out!" Nicole said, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"Fuck off, I'm pregnant and need my beauty sleep" Wynonna mumbled, flipping her off without moving her head.

"Nope, get your fine ass out of bed and meet me in the kitchen. Waves made breakfast." Nicole said, walking out of her room and into the kitchen.

"Your sister will be the death of me, I swear." Nicole said chuckling as she sat down across from Waverly.

"I told you she's not a morning person. At least she didn't hit you with a pillow so hard you fell into the dresser." Waverly said laughing.

"The food looks amazing Waves." Nicole said grinning as she began to eat. Wynonna wandered into the kitchen a while later, fully dressed and ready to go.

"There's the sleeping beauty! I thought she'd never wake!" Nicole said, smirking.

"Shut it, Haught! Or I'm gonna make your life a living hell..." Wynonna grumbled sitting down and pouring herself a bowl of Lucky Charms.

"You already do. You're lucky I love you, Earp, otherwise I would have whooped your ass a long time ago." Nicole said laughing.

"What are we even doing today anyway?" Wynonna asked, through a mouthful of cereal.

"Whatever you want. We just have to be out of the house most of the day. Waverly's orders!" Nicole said, saluting Waverly.

Wynonna shrugs and finishes her cereal. "There's one thing I need to do...we can do that I guess."

"Sounds shady. I'm in. After we do my plan, of course" Nicole said cleaning up from breakfast.

"I'll meet you in the car. Gotta pee again." Wynonna said, rolling her eyes.

Nicole walked over to Waverly and kissed her. "We'll be back later, baby. Don't miss me too much" Nicole said, grinning.

"Miss you? Me? Never." Waverly said, smirking. "Have fun with Wyn. Don't let her be too rude to you."