Lover 💕

"We could leave the Christmas lights up 'til January
This is our place, we make the rules
And there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you, dear
Have I known you twenty seconds or twenty years?
Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?
And ah, take me out, and take me home
You're my, my, my, my lover
We could let our friends crash in the living room
This is our place, we make the call
And I'm highly suspicious that everyone who sees you wants you
I've loved you three summers now, honey, but I want 'em all
~Taylor Swift~

Nicole finished up her report as quick as she could and made her way back to the hospital. She stopped by the hospital gift shop and grabbed the prettiest bouquet of flowers they had, and asked the nurses station which room was Waverly's.

She figured Wynonna could use a break after being there all afternoon. She walked up and knocked on the door gently and walked in.

She smiled slightly when she saw Wynonna asleep in the armchair and Waverly resting peacefully.

Her smile fell when she took a closer look at Waverly. She looked so small laying in the hospital bed. Her face was pale and bruised. A small cut right above her left eyebrow had been stitched and her arm was in a sling.

Nicole placed the flowers on the window sill and went over to Wynonna, shaking her gently to wake her up. Wynonna woke up with a start and pulled Peacemaker out of her boot, pointing it straight at Nicole.

"Oh shit...it's you. Sorry..." Wynonna said, quickly putting the gun away and sitting up.

"No worries, I understand being on edge. I figured I could sit here for a while if you wanted to take a break." Nicole suggested, with a small smile.

"That would be nice...please keep me updated if anything changes. I'll run home and get her some of her things and I'll get a change of clothes as well." Wynonna said, standing up and stretching. "Thank you for saving her, and me..." She said reluctantly.

"Anytime Earp. It's kind of my job" Nicole replied with a smile. Wynonna chuckled and headed out.

Nicole said down and gave Waverly's hand a squeeze. After a few moments, Waverly began to stir.

"Hey Waves, welcome back." Nicole said smiling. Waverly groaned and tried to sit up. Nicole gently pushed her back down. "Don't try to move, it's going to hurt."

"Nicole, I'm so sorry. You must have thought--" Waverly started to apologize but Nicole interrupted her.

"No, Waverly. I'll admit I was pretty upset when we stopped talking, but now that I know why we did, you have nothing to apologize for. I'm so glad you're okay. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you." Nicole said, tears falling.

Waverly smiled sadly and wiped away her tears. "Shh, I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here."

"What the hell happened while I was away? Purgatory has gone to shit!" Nicole said, trying to figure out what's going on. 

"Well, not long after you left I started to notice strange men hanging out in Shorty's. And this man named Doc Holliday showed up and told me all this stuff about my family and how it was linked to a huge mafia ring.

So naturally, I started researching and snooping around. Then Wynonna showed up shortly after my Uncle died, and confirmed everything Doc said. Then I was abducted and tortured for a month." Waverly blurted out, as she started panicking. Nicole grabbed her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"Hey...it's going to be alright. How's Champ? Why hasn't he been here yet? Do I need to beat his ass again?" Nicole said, trying to lighten the mood.