You Belong With Me

"You're on the phone with your [boyfriend], [he's] upset
[He's] goin' off about somethin' that you said
'Cause [he] doesn't get your humor like I do
I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night
I'm listenin' to the kind of music [he] doesn't like
And [he'll] never know your story like I do
But [you] wears short skirts, I wear T-shirts
[Your] cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers
Dreamin' 'bout the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time
If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along, so why can't you see
You belong with me
You belong with me
Walkin' the streets with you and your worn-out jeans
I can't help thinkin' this is how it ought to be
Laughin' on a park bench, thinkin' to myself
"Hey, isn't this easy?"
And you've got a smile that could light up this whole town
I haven't seen it in a while since [he] brought you down
You say you're fine, I know you better than that
Hey, what you doin' with a [guy] like that?"
~Taylor Swift~

Nicole Haught failed to follow her own advice. As the year went on, Nicole fell for Waverly harder and faster.

She didn't understand what Waverly saw in Champ. He was a dick to most people but especially to Waverly.

He was controlling, manipulative and a down right pig. But Nicole, kept it all to herself. She couldn't bear to upset her Waverly.

The school year was nearing its end and graduation was nigh. As sort of a pre-celebration, Stephanie Jones offered up her family's mountain house for a long weekend getaway for the senior class.

Waverly didn't really want to go but Champ was adamant that they celebrate. Waverly said she would only go if Nicole would go.

Nicole hadn't planned on going but she wanted to be there for her best friend. Nicole sat in her room throwing her things into a duffle bag when her phone rang. She smiled when she saw it was Waverly.

"Haught stuff! It's ya boy Champ. We're on our way. Be ready at 10!" He said over the trashy music playing. Nicole rolled her eyes.

"Nicole! Don't forget your hiking boots! You promised me a hike!" Waverly shouted from the driver's seat.

"Of course! See you soon!" She said hanging up. She took a deep breath to calm herself. Champ always riled her up.

She saw the way he'd flirt with other girls. Or steal kisses from Waverly even though she didn't really want him to. It pissed her off.

She grinned when she heard Waverly honk from outside. She waved to Chrissy as they both got into the car.

"Hey, hey, hey party people! Who's ready for a wild weekend?" Chrissy said, grinning.

"I promised your dad I'd keep an eye on you hooligans. But I'm ready to let loose a bit." Nicole said, imitating Nedley.

"What good old dad doesn't know, won't hurt him." Chrissy said with a wink.

"I'm excited to drink for the first time." Waverly said, smiling.

"Wait, you're telling me you've never drank before? Wynonna never gave you anything? C'mon that girl is a wild one!" Champ said, clearly shocked.

"No, she never had the chance. She's been gone since she was 14. Don't you dare talk about my sister." Waverly said, angrily.

"Woooah babe chill, I was just joking around. You need to relax babe, you've been so uptight lately." Champ said, shaking his head. Nicole could see Waverly's anger rising and stepped in.

"Cool it Chump. We're all just here to have a fun weekend. No need to be an ass." Nicole said, scowling. Champ huffed and the rest of the car ride was silent.