Chapter Twenty Two

Comincia dall'inizio

"Yes, Bambi?"

"D'you think we can... Can we cook or bake somethin' later?"

"Like what?"

"I dunno... I just like cooking and stuff. It's fun... An' you said it's kinda like Potions. I wanna be good at Potions when I'm older! I wanna be just as good as Daddy!"

Severus smiled. "Yes, Harry, we'll make something later. Anything you want."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Harry... Harry, wake up," Severus whispered as he shaked Harry's arm lightly. "It's time to wake up, bambi."

"Too early..." Harry mumbled sleepily. He turned on his side, holding Luna tighter to his chest.

"Well then, I guess Christmas will just have to wait..." Remus said.

"Yeah... Christmas!?"

Severus and Remus let out a chuckle simultaneously. Remus reached out and ruffled Harry's hair, Harry smiling at the contact. 

"Are you ready to go downstairs and see what is under the tree?"

Harry rubbed his eyes and put on his glasses. He looked around the room he was in, the room in the vacation home they were renting for the winter break. They same size as his room back home, with more windows that looked out to the woods around the house, covered in snow.

The bed was plush, soft, and Harry curled into a ball, loving how it felt. 

"I guess the tickle monster will just have to come, right, Remus?"

Harry sat up and shook his head. "No tickle monster! I' up, I' up!!" Harry exclaimed.

"Look, Remus, bambi's up!" Severus lifted Harry under his arms and rested him on his hip. "How about we go see what Father Christmas left under the tree, okay?"

Harry looked from Remus to Severus. "I... I get more?"

"Yeah, 'member?" Remus said. "Not loads more, just some from Father Christmas."

"Okay."

They walked down the stairs, and Harry gasped. The tree was in perfect view, and his eyes trailed to the gifts underneath it. 

"For me...?" he whispered.

Severus smiled. He tilted Harry's head slightly, so he was looking at him. "For you, Harry. You deserve it all, bambi."

The trio sat in a circle on the floor, surrounding the pile of presents. "Which one first, Harry?" Severus said. "Find one with your name on it, okay?"

Instead of grabbing one with his name on it, he grabbed the package next to him, and gave it to Severus. "For Daddy! You go first!" he exclaimed.

Severus smiled at the package in his hands. "Are you sure?" Harry nodded happily, so Severus started to open the messily wrapped package; no doubt Harry had wrapped it by himself. It was wrapped in green paper, with glittery-blue Spell-O-Tape holding it in place.

Severus stared at the pink jumper he was holding.

"'S pink!" Harry exclaimed. "Since Daddy wears black a lots, I thought you'd like it!"

Harry watched Severus' unchanging expression carefully.

Oh, no...

"Daddy... Daddy don' like it...?" he whispered fearfully. His nose scrunched slightly, and he felt as if he were going to cry.

It made Severus come back to reality, and he smiled. "No, bambi, I love it! I think it might just be my new favorite!"

"R-Really!? You really like it!?" Harry's mood changed in a split second, a wide smile on his face.