Hesitantly, the boy who lived reached towards the infamous scar he wore.

"Heh, no not that kind Harry."
Dumbledore chuckled, then moved his fingers to tap on the boy's chest.
"But one.....here. This kind isn't seen as easily, but it far more powerful than is credited for...."

He smiled warmly.
"Love Harry. That is what your mother gave you."

The previous hand rose up to rest on Harry's head for a moment, before the headmaster stood up, nodded once more then took his leave.

Harry beamed.

He just couldn't help it.

His mother had loved him.

Ms. Pomfrey stuck her head through the doorway, deeply startling the patient.

"Dearie, you've got a few visitors. It's your friends hon."

The grin became impossibly bigger.

He climbed out of bed to change into something else; he had friends waiting for him on the other side.

————————————————

John rubbed at his throat again, feeling that aching soreness that it stubbornly clinger to.

He was fine n all, the nurse fixed him and the others up fine, but a bit of bruising and swelling still remained on his skin.

Ms. Pomfrey offered to fix that as well but the mage declined.

He was fine, it'll pass in a few days.

What he was still wrapping his head around, was the conversation he had before waking up.

"............Manny?"

The angel of the lord rolled his eyes.
"Thanks for deciding to open your eyes Constantine."

"Oi-I can go back ya know!"

"And what would that achieve John besides causing me more trouble than usual in trying finding you?"

John blinked.

"Wait-you don't even know where I am?"

The angel sighed quite tiredly.

"........no. Do you realize how many different Earths there are Constantine? While Heaven and Hell remain the same, He created an infinite amount of worlds for the sake of creating that same amount of possibilities!"

".......really?"

"Yes Constantine-but that's not the point! It's quite straining now to stretch across the different planes of existences to find you. I was assigned to a specific Earth John. I'm not meant to do this! We've got to find a way to bring your ass back!"

The mage chuckled.
His angel friend must really have his feathers ruffled to use human swearing as often as he currently was.

"Yes Constantine, I am-but I ask you to refrain from comparing me to birds."

How did-

"-because I can hear you. Know that you're not physically here John, just as much of your consciousness as I could grab."

The mage nodded for lack of an answer, but he did have a few questions though.

"Manny......how much has changed since I've been gone?"