Detention

John felt his eye twitch as the children bickered back and forth.

They currently stood at one of Hogwarts exits.
Waiting for their impending punishments....

The blonde pinched the bridge of his nose.

Is this what Snape feels?
Good lord...

All five students had been deducted 15 points each and were given a session of detention.

Detention.
Now that was foreign to the adult.

He wasn't a child for fucks sake!

Detention wasn't something a 33 year old had accustomed themselves to.

John felt his head start to form a small headache-oh what he would do if these kids didn't SHUT. UP.

"Ello dere!"

To his surprised Hagrid came up to the group, quieting the children.

Thank Fucking God.

"Hagrid? What are you doing here?"

The larger man smiled.
"I was given the task of holdings ya detention! Today we'll be goin to the Forbidden Forest."

"WHAT?!"
"Hagrid!"
"The Forest?!"

While the children looked at the man as if he had lost his marbles, John felt his spirits rise as he perked up.
The Forbidden Forest?!

Why didn't he get detention sooner?!

       ————————————————

John shivered lightly.

Not because it was a cool spring night, but because he could feel it.

Just like the castle, the Forest that the half giant led them through was chalked full of magic as well.

Though it was a lot colder than the student ridden place.
A lot darker.

What John was accustomed to.

"Tonight we're doin somethin particular! You kids were chosen ta help meh out a little, tonight we'll be lookin for unicorns!"

John blinked.
Unicorns?

Christ this Earth was something else.

"Unicorns Hagrid?!"

The keeper nodded down to the group's only girl,
"Unicorns are quite rare no a days. For the past few months I've been seein less n less of em! I think they're gettin sick or something..."

The half giant shook his head.
"Anyways-we're gonna split up, not too far of course! And it's a good thing that we have even numbers!"

Harry frowned, "Are you that's a good idea Hagrid? It's bad enough that we're not even supposed to be out here, bu to split up?"

Hagrid shrugged quite uselessly.
"Ah-don worry 'arry, we'll be fine! Now, Ron n 'Ermione will come with meh and uh.....John, 'arry and Malfoy will go together!"

The two groaned in protest before reluctantly going with it.

"Fine! But I want the dog with us!" Malfoy demanded.

"Yeah sure, Fang's a bloody coward though."

And with that the groups parted.