First Year // Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

"You know exactly what I mean!" Snape spat coldly at Quirrell. Snape froze with his hand inches away from Quirrell's neck and he turned to face Harry and me. I quickly raised my hand over my mouth and Harry did the same, as we slowly backed away.

Snape reached out his hand slowly. His fingers extending as far as they could, before he clutched and pulled the air. Once he was certain nothing was there he whirled back to face Quirrell. His already natural low, drawn-out voice, dropped even lower as he basically threatened Quirrell. 

"We'll have another chat soon ... when you've had time to decide where your loyalties lie." Quirrell's face went pale, and I let out a small quiet gasp. Filch had turned the corner holding the lantern we broke in the library. 

"Professors, I found this, in the Restricted Section. It's still hot. That means there is a student out of bed." The three of them darted back off around the corner, leaving Harry and me under the cloak.

"Bloody hell," I muttered out. "That was close."

"Yeah. Let's go." Harry said as we walked over to the door at the end of the corridor. We opened the door slowly and walked in without making a sound. Once we were in, Harry shut the door and pulled the cloak off, and placed it on the floor. 

"What's that?" I asked pointing into the middle of the room. The room was completely barren except for a big rectangle sitting in the middle of the room. 

"Dunno," Harry said as we approached it. We walked around it and noticed it was a big huge mirror. "Whoa," Harry remarked.

"Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi." I read from the top of the mirror. "What language is that? Gibberish?!" I looked over at Harry who was staring into the mirror. "Harry?"

"Mum? Dad?" He muttered out while placing his right hand on his left shoulder. He stood there for a few minutes in silence before grabbing the cloak off of the floor and running out of the room. 

"Harry! Wait for me!" I called. He just raised his hand to stop me. 

"Stay here! I'll go get Ron. He needs to see this!" Before I could even say that I wanted to go back to sleep, Harry was gone and out of the room. I sighed and walked over to the mirror. Something about it seemed different. Other than Harry seeing his two dead parents beside him. 

I went and stood in front of the mirror, and as I did my mouth dropped all the way to the ground. Behind me and beside me was my entire family! From Mum and Dad to our god-awful Aunt Muriel. Everyone was happy and smiling. There was only one thing off, we all looked older and I was wearing a white dress! 

I blinked my eyes as the reflection changed once more. Standing beside me now was a man, with black hair and beautiful green and hazel eyes with maybe a slight hint of blue. My heart skipped a beat as I knew those eyes anywhere, the man standing beside me was Neville! 

My heart started beating faster as I leaned forward to touch the mirror. As I did, I could hear a conversation, as clear as day between Neville and me. 

"Neville? Have you seen Meeko? Alice has been searching for him for hours."

"No, but have you checked with Frank?"

"Not yet. I was hoping after the last time he would have learned his lesson." 

"If he is anything like his Uncle's then, he will never learn his lesson."

"I knew we should've restricted their quality time in that Joke Shop."

"If you did that you would have just offended your dear old brothers. They would think we don't trust them!"