Second Year // Chapter 10

"Lori! Lori! Wake up!" I felt Hermione shaking me awake. "Lorrinda Maye! Wake up this minute!" 

"What?" I groaned rolling over. 

"We are getting ready to brew the Polyjuice Potion. We would like for you to help considering how good you are at Potions."

"Why? Can't we have one weekend where we get to sleep in past 7:30 am?" I griped throwing my covers off. Hermione shook her head and threw my casual clothes at me. I grumbled while getting dressed. Once I was dressed we grabbed all the needed supplies and headed to the girl's lavatory on the second floor. 

Once we got down there we started the long process of making the Polyjucie Potion. Harry brought some conversation to the process as he recounted his previous night in the hospital wing.

"Colin?!" I said dropping the book in my lap. My heart sank as Harry nodded his head and talked about what the Professors had said.

"Again? You mean, the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" Hermione questioned while adding the last ingredient. I snapped out of my small daze and stirred the bubbling cauldron. Harry nodded his head, and Ron spoke up.

"Of course! Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must've opened it when he was at school here, and now he's told Draco how to do it."

"Maybe. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure." Hermione said as she took over stirring. Ron sighed and spoke sassily to Hermione. 

"Enlighten me, Hermione. Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight, in the middle of the girl's lavatory? Don't you think we'll get caught?"

"No," Hermione replied not even looking up.

"No one ever comes in here," I added. Ron cocked his head to one side and asked a question I hoped he wouldn't ask.

"Why?" Hermione and I both let out a small sigh and spoke in unison.

"Moaning Myrtle." Ron once again cocked his head and looked over at us.

"Who's Moaning Myrtle?" I bit my lip and braced for her to appear. Just as guessed Myrtle came out from the toilets behind the boys and shouted right behind them.

"I'm Moaning Myrtle!" She flew around in front of them. "I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about fat, ugly, miserable, moping, moaning, Myrtle?" 

She started sobbing loudly and dived headfirst into the same toilet she came from. Ron and Harry stared ahead unsure of how to react. Until Harry spoke up.

"We-We didn't mean to hurt her feelings." Hermione and I both shared a small giggle before she responded.

"Don't worry, Harry. She's a little sensitive."

"A little?! Try a lot!" Ron said. I jumped up and gave him a slap on the shoulder.

"Quit being rude Ronnie!"

"It's not Ronnie!"

***

We stayed in the lavatory until it was time to head to the Dueling Club the Lockhart organized. We cast a disillusionment charm over the potion and exited the lavatory and headed to the Great Hall. 

I left Ron, Hermione, and Harry to find Neville, Seamus, and Dean. I found the three of them standing with Fred, George, and Lee. As I walked up to them, they all waved and smiled. 

"There you are! We thought you were skipping!" Seamus said wrapping his hand around my shoulder. I laughed and brushed it off. 

"And miss Lockhart make a fool of himself in front of us students?" I asked. "Never!" The group nodded their heads in approval as Professor Lockhart stepped up onto the stage set up in the Great Hall.