"This was so good, I am glad you invited me", he says his arm still around you and you resting your head on his shoulder.

 "I wish there weren't so many couples around, though. They are really stupid as if no one else exists for them. Why don't they just get a room? ", he rants.

You were scrolling your phone, waiting for other cars to start leaving so you have a place to take yours out. 

"Yes, they are obnoxious. But we shouldn't be laughing at them, right? At least they have managed to find someone, unlike us", you say half laughing half sighing.

"Hmmm", he says putting a chocolate wafer roll in his mouth. 

You turn your head up to face him and see him look at you with the roll between his lips, looking a mixture of sadness and being lost. You lean in and take a bite of his roll that was dangling off his lips and ruffle his hair. 

"Stop looking so sad, Obito, I'll pray that you get Rin, or someone even better than her", you say while getting up from the back seat and stretching. Obito keeps staring at you since you ate his chocolate, his cheeks faint dust of rose, but it was too dark for you to see that reaction. He suddenly feels shy and his arms feel empty and cold after you get up, taking away the warmth he had held on to for almost the entirety of the show. But you are blissfully unaware of all the effects your tiny actions were causing, you were just being yourself.

The lights have come back on and you see an old couple a bit further down getting their stuff in the car. You start adjusting the seats of your car and close the sunroof to get ready to leave. Just then their paper bag breaks and the plastic bottles they were carrying fall to the ground and roll towards you, due to the slope. You get two and Obito, now out of the back seat, gets one quickly before they roll on further and you walk towards them to give them the bottles back and help them load up their car.

"Thank you dear", the small old woman says accepting the bottles from you. You keep it in the back seat of the car instead of handing it to her, so she didn't have to do extra work. Obito does the same. Once all their food, folding chairs, and other stuff are loaded up in their car, both of them thank you both again.

"Isn't this firework good?", the lady asks.

"Yes, of course. I love it every year", you add with a smile.

"It's been about 25 years since we are coming here for the City Day but we love it anyway. It is nice to see the youth in love", the lady says making you both blush a little, but none of you jumps up to correct her. You merely smile and nod already thinking of ways to end the conversation.

"If they are consistent with their partners, though", the man adds to her statement, making you laugh. The lady shushes him immediately and you both laugh.

"Were you shy to kiss because we were around? We saw you were just laughing and talking", she says making you both blush deeper.

"Shit, mind your business", you say in your head but since you are polite you don't say that out loud.

"Oh umm.. we aren't actually together", you both say at the same time, mumbling and avoiding looking at each other.

"Oh sorry for the misunderstanding. But you guys look good together. You should stop watching the fireworks wishing you were with someone else and accept the one you are with", she says laughing, and gets in the car. The old man starts the car while you mentally curse her even more but put on a fake smile on your face. You both wave at them as their car drives away, embarrassed so much that you can feel your ears getting hot.

You walk back to your car quietly, your cheeks still pink and ears still hot, and sit in. Obito comes and joins you. You both sit quietly for about ten minutes looking at the sky, the stars visible again since the lights of the fireworks and the cars have died down. You sigh and go to pick up your drink that was placed in the cup holder behind the gear and he does the same, accidentally touching your hands.