55❤️

Evie

It had been two days since the video had been posted. I received an email from the dean to discuss the incident that occurred. I had gone to my apartment complex's office asked them if I could have the video that showed what happened. Luckily the building manager was an older woman who was on my side. She gave me the video and I went about my day as usual until my scheduled meet time.

"Mom I'm fine, really," I said. I had forgotten to tell my parents about the video so when my mom called me three times last night and twice this morning, I wasn't surprised. "Those boys threatened you." She said. "What is the school doing about this?" My dad asked. "I have a meeting with the dean tomorrow. I was able to get my apartment to give me the security video of what happened. And it's obvious I was defending myself. But—" I trailed.

"But what?" My parents asked. "Can one you come down, please? I mean Rah, Des, and Tron said they come with me, but I've never been in any kind of trouble like this." I said scratching my head. And it was true. I hardly ever got in school, so I was a little nervous at the thought of possible expulsion.

"I can go down." My mom said. "You can't just cancel on your patients." My dad said. "Well, you can't go. You have work too." They began going back and forth. I sighed. "It's fine. Everything should be fine." I said. "Evie—" "I have to head to class," I said. "I'll call later," I added. "Okay, baby, we love you." They both said. "Love you both," I said before hanging up.

--

The next morning rolled around and I woke up anxious checking the time before falling back into my pillow. I had about 2 hours before I had to be up, so I tried to gather my thoughts for today. "Relax, baby." Rah's sleepy voice spoke. "I could be kicked out of school. Charged with assault. I know I said I didn't care but—"

"I know baby. We'll handle it." He said leaning over kissing my forehead. I sighed curling into him. I began to doze off when I was woken up to loud banging on my door. "What the fuck!" I heard Chelle called. I groaned pushing Rah's arm off me before getting up. "I got it," I called. I angrily stormed to my front door swinging it open.

"Wha—Dad?" I asked as I looked at my pissed off dad. "What doing here? I thought you couldn't come." I asked. "You needed me, so I'm here." He said. I looked at him before hugging him. "Thank you, Dad," I whispered. "Of course." He said as he stepped into my apartment. "You are a little early. The meeting isn't until 9 am." I said.

"Baby –" Rah paused coming from the back. "Mr. Romano?" Rah said. I felt my face heat up as my dad's eyes went from me to Rah back to me. "Dad—" I began. "You're grown. I can't dictate what you do within your relationship." He said. "Let's just move on." He added. Rah and I nodded our heads.

"Go put some clothes on," I whispered. Rah jumped nodding his head before leaving. "So, what are you going to do?" I asked my dad. He looked at me. "You remember our discussion?" My dad asked. "Yes," I said nodding my head. "Good. I want you to handle this." He said. My eyes widened. "Oh, I thought you were going to help me," I said. "I am, but I want to see if you can handle this without me having to step in. You make all the decisions, but if you need me, I'll be here, always." He said.

"Dad—" "Evie I know I've sheltered you to an extent. Coddled you from having to make the tough decisions, but if you decide you want to play in my world—you will be making all the tough decisions. Every choice. All the fallout. Every consequence. Is on you. If you can handle this and from how you advocated for yourself on more than one occasion, I know you can." He said with a smile.

"But what if I can't. What if they kick me out? What if—" "I will be here. If you really need me, I'll go in—no mercy." He said. "What about the boys?" I asked. "You handle the school and I'll show you how we handle them." He said with a wink. I smiled. "Okay," I said with a nod. "You get dressed then we can go get breakfast and wait for the office to open up." He said. I nodded my head.