"Do you think selling our possessions is an option to gain money?"

That's a rather serious question.

"Umm... It d-depends on what it is..." I respond, twirling his hair in my finger.

"I guess you're right..." He furrows his eyebrows, "But I don't know if what I have in mind is okay to sell or not."

"Well, what do you have in m-mind?"

"Something Fugaku gave me last night. It's worth a fortune."

I think for a moment before answering, "...It must be special if your father gifted it to you so maybe you shouldn't sell it."

"But... it would bring us close to the quota," Sasuke says, looking up at me.

From my first impression of Mr. Uchiha last night, I can assume that Sasuke and his father don't have the best relationship. That makes the gift Sasuke received very meaningful, as it may symbolize an improving relationship. It would be selfish and disrespectful for us to sell it to run away. Then again, Sasuke really doesn't care for morals in this situation.

"I don't know, Sasuke. It's up to you whether you want to sell it or not. He's your father, after all." I speak calmly, "I don't want to be partly responsible for ruining your relationship with him by selling something precious like that."

Sasuke sighs, "I was afraid you'd say that. You're much too selfless sometimes, Naruto."

"S-Someone has to be."

"You should think about what would benefit you rather than someone else once in a while. I love you for your kindness but don't you think you should value yourself a bit more?"

When did we start talking about me?!

"But what I want is the best for you, S-Sasuke." I insist.

His pale face tints pink, "So... you don't want me to sell it...?"

"Whatever you want." I reiterate, massaging his head.

"Fine." He closes his eyes, "I won't sell it."

"Is that what you want?"

"It's what you deserve." Sasuke mentions.

Me? What do I deserve?

"Huh? What do you mean?" I question him.

"Nothing." He smiles, "Just keep touching my hair. It feels nice."

I don't get it.

I continue to stroke my fingers through his silky hair, watching Sasuke's appeased face that rests on my lap. He's so unbearably handsome. I use one of my hands to trace his perfect features, smoothing over his eyebrows with my finger. I brush his long black eyelashes on his closed eyes delicately, my pink cheeks darkening more and more.

My fingers then caress his face, bringing that feathery touch down to his soft lips. I outline the pink skin faintly and graze it with my thumb.