graduation day

1 WEEK LATER

"wake uppp" donghyuck jumps on johnny to wake him up.

"I wouldn't have moved in if I knew you were gonna be like this" johnny says and donghyuck rolls his eyes.

"just come onnn it's graduation day!" donghyuck leaves johnny's room to go wake up jaehyun.

johnny's phone goes off.

mark
today we graduate!!!

johnny
I can't wait

mark
I want to have a graduation party with just us tonight but we both know hyuck is gonna have one

johnny
ofc, he's excited already
he just woke me up

mark
oh well, I'll be over soon ok?

johnny
ok

johnny smiles and he gets up out of bed and does his usual morning routine since he started living with donghyuck.

gets up and fights with jaehyun on who gets the guest bathroom first (johnny always wins) and he washes himself up and then he changes into his clothes.

he grabs his cap and gown and he goes downstairs to find donghyuck and taeyong sitting on sofa.

"are you guys okay?" johnny asks and taeyong looks up at him and he shakes his head and points at donghyuck, johnny nods.

there's a knock on the door and johnny answers it.

it was mark, renjun, jaemin, jeno, and doyoung.

mark smiles when he sees johnny and he hugs him.

"hyuck are you okay?" renjun asks and donghyuck looks up at him but he stays silent.

"he's upset that our parents can't he here for our graduation" taeyong says.

jaehyun comes downstairs and sees the scene of awkwardness and silence.

renjun gets closer to donghyuck and he wraps his arms around him.

"it's okay" renjun says and something falls out of his pocket of his gown and he picks it up right away.

but johnny and jeno caught a glimpse of what it was. they look at each other and they nod.

"renjun come here" jeno whispers to him and he looks at him.

he slowly lets go of donghyuck and he follows jeno and johnny upstairs.

taeyong pats donghyuck's back, the other 3 just stand there.

make your move and comfort him, stupid

that's too weird though?

maybe I'll just wait

...

"you're proposing to hyuck?" johnny asks and renjun nods.

"we didn't think so, we actually... were gonna propose to jaemin and mark at the party tonight" jeno says and renjun smiles.

"that's great! I know they'll say yes" renjun says and they all exchange smiles.

"so do you want to join us?" jeno asks and renjun nods.

"okay great, I'll text you the plans" jeno says and they go back downstairs.

...

"today we welcome the class of 2020, another amazing set of students who have emerged into fabulous people. they've accomplished so much this year, and now we can celebrate it. lets welcome our valedictorian mr. seo youngho" the principal goes on and everyone claps while johnny goes up to the podium.

he was obviously nervous, he hasn't spoken in front of a big crowd ever since he started speaking again.

"hello everyone, my name is seo youngho but everyone calls me johnny. I came here from chicago almost a year ago because of complications that happened back at my old school. I came here to get a fresh start and to be able to start over. I used to be a mute. I never talked to anyone, I was bullied every day because of it. I never had many friends, I did back in chicago but that's not a story for me to tell to all of you. I was a nervous wreck on my first day here. but I met some amazing people who changed my life, they made me realize that no matter what happens I don't have to impress anyone, I should just be myself. that's what this school is. it's a place where I shouldn't be afraid anymore. and I'm not. I feel welcomed, and I can't wait for the future. I can't wait to move on and remember how much of an incredible year I've had, thank you" the crowd cheers as johnny smiles and he goes back to his seat.

"that was amazing" mark whispers to him and johnny smiles at him.

"you're amazing" johnny whispers back and mark chuckles.

next up was their diplomas.

"huang renjun" the crowd clapped as renjun went up, of course donghyuck was the loudest.

"kim doyoung"

"lee donghyuck" he collects his diploma, and as soon as he collects it the doors open revealing his parents.

donghyuck jumps up and down as he goes back to his seat.

"lee taeyong"

"lee minhyung" johnny cheers for mark as he receives his diploma.

"lee jeno" jaemin yells jeno's name and jeno makes a face of embarrassment and he chuckles.

"na jaemin"

"seo youngho" there's loud cheers for johnny.

"seo jaehyun"

"wang kayee" nobody of the friends cheer for him.

"I now give you our class of 2020 graduates" they all throw their caps up in the air and cheer.

"john they didn't come" jaehyun says and johnny nods and he hugs him.

"I know mom wanted to" johnny says.

they go down to the crowd and mark finds his parents.

johnny and jaehyun stay alone when they're the only ones who didn't have anyone come for them.

mark looks back at them, he grabs johnny's hand and brings him over to his parents.

"mom, dad, this is my boyfriend johnny, I've told you about him" he says and johnny smiles at them.

"ah yes, well nice to meet you" mark's mom says.

"nice to meet you both" johnny bows at them and he smiles.

now jaehyun was standing by himself.

"hey" taeyong walks up to him.

shit what do I do?

"hi"