goodbye, dad

"what did you just say? 'boyfriend'?" he didn't seem too happy.

"y-yes" johnny says and he looks at yoonha.

"why aren't you freaking out?" he asks.

"because he's our son and he doesn't need you to freak out about it" she stands up.

"y-you.... I.... what!? you can't be" he looks back at johnny.

"actually... I am too" jaehyun steps in and youngjoon looks at him.

"what!? both of my sons are gay!?"

"yes we are, and you're just gonna have to deal with it" jaehyun says.

"I will not deal with it. you can't be gay, you can't like boys! you're supposed to like girls. you're supposed to be normal you... you betrayers!"

"how are we betrayers when you're the one betraying us right now by not accepting us?" jaehyun asks.

"I'm your dad and I'm supposed to tell you what's wrong and what's right, and this is wrong, way wrong" he sighs.

"i-it's not" johnny says and youngjoon looks at him.

"so all those times mark came over, you were going on dates?" youngjoon asks and johnny nods.

there's a knock on the door and johnny smiles and he runs downstairs to open it before anyone else.

"hey!" mark smiles at johnny and he smiles back at him.

"oh hello, mark right?" youngjoon walks into the living room and mark looks at him.

"uh yes, hello sir" mark bows and shoes a friendly smile.

"you guys going out?" he asks and johnny nods.

"okay, come back before 10 okay?" johnny nods and they leave.

"he seemed too overexcited to see him" youngjoon says and he shrugs and sits on the sofa.

johnny waits for mark to arrive, and when he does his dad answers it.

"oh, hello again mark" youngjoon says and mark gives a friendly smile.

"hello sir, johnny asked me to come over" mark says and youngjoon nods and lets him in.

mark sees yoonha and he smiles and greets her and goes to johnny's room.

"they've been hanging out a lot lately" youngjoon sits back on the sofa next to yoonha.

youngjoon turns around and looks at yoonha again.

"those conversations we had you knew the whole time!?"

"do you think johnny's alright?" johnny's dad youngjoon looks at johnny's mom yoonha.

"why? do you notice anything different about him?" yoonha looks at him.

"he's been different but I can't seem to think of what it is" youngjoon sighs and looks down.

"well... maybe he's just different because he has friends now and he's happy" yoonha tries to think of something else to get put in his head.

"that's true, he was miserable in chicago" youngjoon says.

"yep, but now he's happy I couldn't be more proud" yoonha smiles and youngjoon looks at her.

"but he just made friends, you're proud of just that?" youngjoon asks and she looks at him.

"of course"

"because he did have a friend in chicago, it was that ten kid, he was nice" youngjoon says.

"oh that's right, I remember him" she smiles and they pay attention back on the tv screen.

"hey jae what's up?" he says and jaehyun's eyes widen.

"nothing I-I came to get some water" jaehyun heads over to the refrigerator and grabs a bottle of water and goes back upstairs.

"what's up with them?" youngjoon asks and yoonha shrugs.

"I guess whatever it is they'll tell us eventually"

"there's a reason why I lied, which was this reason right now" she explains.

"you need to not be gay! I can't have my kids be like this! you're not normal" he goes on and johnny and jaehyun stay quiet.

"youngjoon..."

"what!?" he turns around again.

"you're their dad, you need to accept them and love them for who they are"

"how can I!? they're fucking gay!"

"and you're a terrible dad!" jaehyun finally speaks up.

"excuse me?"

"y-you're a terrible dad! you're s-supposed to l-love your kids n-no matter w-what! you're s-supposed to support us and accept us! y-you should be p-proud that we h-had the guts to tell you... d-do you know how hard it was f-for me!?" johnny speaks up as well.

"how can I accept you!? just get out of my house" he waves for them to leave and they head for the door.

"b-before we g-go, f-fuck you" johnny says and youngjoon slaps johnny.

"how dare you speak up to me like that!? things were better when you would just shut up! we shouldn't have moved here because then you would still be normal!" he runs upstairs and johnny's eyes start tearing up.

"I'm so sorry" yoonha breaks the silence.

"it's okay mom you did nothing wrong" jaehyun says and she shakes her head.

"I should've been there for you more..."

"yoonha you better not be talking to them!" youngjoon yells from downstairs.

"again I'm so sorry, you should leave before your dad breaks down the house" she whispers.

"b-but what a-about y-you?"

"don't worry about me I'll be fine, just you two don't take any crap from anyone okay? and behave and just be yourselves" she looks at both of them and they nod. "I love you"

"we love you too" jaehyun says and then they leave the house.

"goodbye, dad" johnny and jaehyun say at the same time before they turn around and leave the house.