The Calm Before The Storm

Hey, Author here,

Throughout this story I have hidden three hints to a possible new story, and the hints will tell you exactly what kind of story it will be.

The solution will be at the end of the chapter and the cover for that new story.

~~~

Yaomomo and Jirou were sitting at their lunchtable, eating their breakfast. The Yaoyorozu Yakuza were sitting or standing around them, some eating, some guarding.

"This isn't too bad." smiled Jirou, taking a bite out of her sandwich.

"I'm just glad you're with me." smiled Yaomomo.

One thug walked up to the gang leader and leaned over, whispering into her ear. She carefully listened to every word he was saying. She nodded after he was finished.

"I'll think of something later." she said. Her thug nodded before taking his leave.

"What did he want?" asked Jirou.

"Nothing important. Just someone who refused to pay again." said Yaomomo.

"And what will you do about it?"

"I'll remind them." said Yaomomo. "That's the rule. If they don't pay in time, I get to remind them."

"And you plan to beat them?" Jirou raised one eyebrow.

"That would serve as an appropriate reminder."

"Did it ever occurre to you, that maybe they can't repay us yet." suggested Jirou. "Maybe they want to repay us, but aren't able to?"

"And how is that my problem?" asked Yaomomo. "I tell them until when they can repay me and if they don't do that, there are consequences. Its that simple."

"Give them another chance. Another week." said Jirou. "Do it for me. You can show me how much you love me, if you do that for me."

Yaomomo sighed and waved over a thug. He quickly walked over and leaned down.

"Give him one week." she whispered into his ear. "But remind him a little bit."

He nodded and quickly waved over some other thugs as they walked away.

"Thank you." smiled Jirou as she kissed Yaomomos cheek.

"Yeah, don't mention it." sighed Yaomomo.

'Does she really think she can come in here and change how we work? I worked for this and now she thinks she can do anything she wants.' thought Yaomomo, biting down on her sandwich.

"By the way, what did the doctor say about your back?" asked Jirou.

"You were right, it's gonna leave a scar." she replied.

"Damnit." mumbled Jirou.

"What?" Yaomomo raised one eyebrow.

"Oh, it's nothing." smiled Jirou, though Yaomomo could see through that facade.

"No, please tell me." shot Yaomomo.

"Fine, no need to be so worked up about it." she sighed. "I just don't like scars, that's all."

"But you don't have to live with this one." said Yaomomo.

"But you have. This damn scar should serve you as a reminder, that you can't and shouldn't do such things as 'gang wars'." said Jirou.

Yaomomo didn't reply, as she ate her sandwich in silence. The silence didn't go unnoticed by the short haired girl.

After school had ended, Yaomomo walked away, not bothering to wait for her girlfriend.