Chapter 48

******Lauren's POV******

I was so excited when we got off the plane. I literally couldn't stop jumping up and down. I was so exciteded. I couldn't wait to see my siblings and my parents, not to mention the rest of the family. Last time we were all together was during my going away party for college. I love that Dinah made me a better person on the inside, and it was even better that she made me better as a person to everyone else. If it wasn't for her, I probably wouldn't even be going to see my family. I would've spent another Christmas with Ally and Camila. They were actually coming Christmas morning, because they said a certain gift had to be taken care of till last minute. 

We got our bags, which Dinah ended up carrying because I kept dropping mine from excitement. I know that makes no sense, but I did it several times. "LAUREN!!!" I heard a familiar voice say, and then I saw my family. "TAYLOR! CHRIS!" I yelled, running over to them. I immediately pulled them into a group hug, which was awkward because of how much taller Chris was now. They have changed so much.

"Hi guys, I missed you so much" I said, feeling the tears sting my eyes a little bit. "We missed you too" Taylor said, and I could hear her voice crack a little. I looked at her and wiped the tears from her face, "I'm here now. You don't have to cry". "I just missed you a whole lot" she said, and I hugged her again. Man, I missed this sister time so much.

"What about me Lo?" I heard a deep voice say, and I was suprised that it came out of chris. "Damn little bro, where you get that bass from?" I said, making him laugh. He hugged me and laughed, "I missed that sense of humor". I was about to pull away but he held me tighter, "You okay Chris?" "Just a little longer". "I love you, baby bro" I said, and he replied with "I love you too". 

When we pulled apart, I ran into the arms of my mom and my dad. "Hey sweetheart. Look how big and mature you are" my dad said. "It's good to see you, Lauren" my mom said. "Mom, Dad, Chris Taylor" I called out, "I want you to meet the love of my life". My mom squealed and said "Where is the young man? Behind the bag carrier?" "No, that's her" I said, waving her over.

She walked over, trying to drag all of our bags. When she was close, I heard Taylor and Chris gasp. "You're........you're" Taylor stuttered, seeming pretty starstruck by my girlfriend. "Dinah-Jane Hansen" my mom said each name slowly, "Gay, supermodel". "Yes ma'am. It's very nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs.Jauregui" she said, and my dad laughed. "Please Dinah, just call me Mike" he said, "And let me help with the bags". "It's fine sir, I-" , "No Dinah, I insist". 

Her mom just looked at her, scanning Dinah up and down. "I'll be in the car. Taylor, Chris. Let's go" she said, making them follow her. "I'm sorry about her Dinah. I didn't tell her, or any of them" I sighed, looking at the ground. "It's fine sweetheart, now let's get these bags in the car. You have to catch up with the rest of your family" Dinah said, kissing my nose. "I love you" I said. "I love you too". 

This was going to be great. 

*****Dinah's POV*****

As I was putting the bags in the car, I saw that there were only five seats. "Dinah, I can sit in your la-" Lauren's mom cut her off. "That's not safe dear. You'll have to take a cab" she said. "Mom, stop being so rude" Lauren snapped. "Watch your tone with me. You may be an adult but I'm still your mother" she said. "Lo, it's fine. I'll meet you there, okay?" I said, and she nodded. She pecked my lips and then I closed the of the car, watching them pull off.

I sat down on a bench outside and my fingers through my hair. Jeez, this is already off on a bad start. Her mom knows about me, and my money. I wasn't scared about them knowing I had money, I just didn't want him to think I was a brat. "Jesus" I said, and then I felt my phone vibrate in my hand. "Babe, I can hear you thinking from here. They'll love you, don't worry XOXO"  the message read, making me smile. "On my way". 

I flagged down a cab and was there within the next thirty minutes. I stood at the front door, nervous about what happened when I rang. But before I could even knock, the door opened and Lauren pulled me inside. There were not 20 people like I expected, only about 14. Not a lot less but less, so I relaxed a little. "Hey everyone, this is Dinah" I said, and that got everyone's attention. They stopped and stared. And then, it was werid.

They were so much more friendly than I thought they would be. They didn't ask too many questions and they were all so sweet.  Well, some had some more straight forward questions. Like her friends Veronica and Lucy. I could obviously tell they were the best friends and they had to look out for Lauren. And I was the new bait that they had to interogate. We decided to go outside and have this conversation, deciding this was between us and us only.

"So supermodel" Veronica started, "What are your intentions with my friend? Is there a reason she came back here?" "Lauren told me that she had been missing her family and friends back in Miami, so I decided to bring her back here for Christmas. I just want to make her happy for the rest of her life" I said. "That's sweet" Lucy said, and Vero continued with "But why the hell are you really here?" I looked at the ground, "I came because I want-".

We were cut off by Lauren coming outside, smiling at us. "Look at my bae and my besties getting along" she said, sitting between us on the porch bench. "We're so glad you're back Lo" Lucy said, hugging her. "Yeah girl, Lucy can't keep up in the clubs" Vero laughed. "But I can keep up in the bedroom, isn't that right, babe?" she said, and Veronica blushed. "Oh no you didn't" Lauren said.

"You missed it Lo" they said in unison, "We got engaged and then broke up and then got engaged again" Vero laughed, kissing Lucy's cheek. "When the hell were y'all gonna tell me?" Lauren asked. Vero answered, "When you came back home. Thank gosh this one brought you back". She hit my shoulder slightly and winked at me, and I knew we were cool.....at least, for right now.

"Yeah, I love this girl". She suddenly jumped up and grabbed us all off the bench. "We got a tree to decorate" she said, and then ran back inside. "I've never seen Lauren so happy" Lucy said quietly, grabbing Vero's hand. "Yeah, you did good Hansen". "How did you......" I wanted to know how she knew my name. "Please girl, you're everywhere and your first clothes line was the bomb" Vero said, nudging my shoulder lightly. "C'mon, we better keep up with Lo". And like that, we were back inside.