Chapter 4{Why So Worried?}

****Dinah's POV****

I sat at home and laid on the couch, sighing in relief. These paps were getting worst, and it made me worried. Before I came out, I had no problem. If there was paparazzi, there was only one person taking shots from a distance. now, I could barely get anywhere without being mobbed. And it's scaring me.

I'm mostly scared about Lauren. She had taken me home twice, so they might start recognizing it and come after her. I can't let that happen. i don't want her to go through that, but that's what happens when you're associated with a famous person. All privacy is stripped away from you.

I was taken out of my thoughts by Normani walking into the room in nothing but her panties and a large shirt, and I mean nothing else. "Hey mani" I said, making her jump. She came over to me, "Don't do that, and where were you". she sat next to me and I told her about how I met Lauren, and how we were going on a date tonight.

"Wow, I leave you alone for one day and you get a girlfriend, well done Dinah". I bowed my head, "Thank you, thank you. It's a gift". we laughed and then I asked her what happened with her and Arin. "Well...he um........he kinda.....see he". I sighed and slapped my forehead, "He did what Mani". She looked down and blushed, "He went down on me, but that's all".

I sat there stunned, "Holy crap". I said and she squealed happily, "I know! His tongue works magic". I patted her back, "Look at you mani, that's good that he's willing to take it slow". she nodded in agreement, "I think he's the one DJ, I really do. Now when's this date with this girl".

"Tonight at about 7, but I don't know where to take her". "What's she like DJ". I sighed, "She's perfection in a person. She's a photographer who's having trouble getting started, so she works at the diner. Maybe I can take her somewhere to have fun, maybe to the fair. Wait.... I'll take her to the music festival. On the beautiful bridge by the lake". Normani thought for a while, and then agreed it would be a good idea.

"I can't wait for this date, this is one special girl" I said. "I've noticed DJ, you sigh every time you here the name Lauren". I sigh, "OMG, you're right". We laughed, and then Mani had a look on her face, "What's up Manibear". "Why don't you take her on a row boat into the lake, so you guys can watch when they put the lanterns into the sky". I hugged her tightly, "That's the best idea ever, thank you".

I got a text from Lauren saying 'Hey DJ, I'm so bored. Can't wait for our date. What time should I be there and what should i wear'. I typed back, "I'll come get you at 7. Wear casual clothes and no makeup, cause you don't need it". She sent me a picture of a blushing smiley face and a heart, "Thanks boo, see you then". I was really excited about this date.

{At 6:05, Dinah's POV}

I was super nervous for tonight. I decided to wear a white shirt with black skinny jeans and my dark blue letterman with a D on the chest. I decided to wear my hair straight, with no makeup as well. "MANI" I yelled from the bathroom, and she came in running, with Arin right behind her. "What happened" he asked. I sighed sadly, "I'm just nervous".

Arin smirked at me as he sat on my bed, telling me to come sit with him. "Don't try to be extremely cool and stuff, just be calm and confident. Get to know her, what's her story and goals in life. Final tip, body language is the key. don't be too bold and try to kiss her, one step at a time". I nodded, "Alright, now I gotta go pickup Lauren".

Normani walked me to the door and handed me keys. "Take baby blue, and be careful Mufasa" she said while hugging me. "I will, thanks mani" I said, releasing her from our hug. I turn and brace myself to walk out, and then I step outside. I hear screaming and I do my best to quickly walk through the crowd. I hop and the car and then start then engine and drive to Lauren's house.

Sorry this chapter is so short