Chapter IV - Confess Your Worries My Child

"Your Majesty." A taciturn man with a butler's uniform entered the grandiose room as my vision was obstructed by a dark sword. The familiar pretty hand deftly polished it as if I did it myself.

"Oh valet, you're back. How is our little war prisoner? Has he hit any new notes, lately?" I smiled at him.

The butler bowed. "Per your instructions Your Majesty, we pulled his teeth out one by one until he told us the truth. He has also broken our previous assessment of him. He is no longer a tenor. He is now a soprano."

"Is that so?" I grinned. "Looks like I'll have to pay a visit to his concert soon."

"We've arrived Your Majesty." I heard Eclise say in a small voice as the wagon finally stopped.

I jolted from my small nap and lifted my head that was resting at the wagon's wall. I rubbed my temple. 'Was that another memory of this body?'

I sighed. I knew that he was quite lascivious and violent while I was locked back in his room and received flashes of his memories, but he's also the playful sadist type, huh? Somehow this reminds me of someone I hate...

I gathered the hair strands that ran until this body's shoulders and rechecked my sanity.

'Golden hair that seemed to sparkle with every individual strand.'

My inner cheek was chewed at my anxiety over the possibility. If this body's truly who I think it is, I'll fucking laugh. It's going to be one hell of a coincidence.

"Are you alright, Your Majesty?" Eclise peered at me with worry from outside the wagon's curtain.

"I'm fine. I'm just..." I flicked the wet dust on my shoulder. "Moist."

I glared at the large barrel with contempt. 'What was the point of hiding in you if I was going to be discovered anyway?'

I gave it a small kick. To my shock, it tumbled down the wagon strongly and scared off Eclise with a shriek.

"I have committed a grave sin! Please spare this lowly servant's life who failed to do as you say!" He kowtowed and begged for mercy. My eyes rolled back in frustration at the sight. Goddamn it. I massaged both my temples to soothe my soul.

"What are you doing? Get up." I nudged him at the side with my foot. Thankfully, he pacified himself enough to at least lift his upper body. "You brought me to the cathedral, right? That's all that matters."

"I am grateful, Your Majesty." He pressed his head down the ground again. The half-choked sobs he did made me feel uncomfortable. I sighed. Being a monarch is such a pain in the ass. I ignored him and tried to find the cathedral. What greeted me was a high iron fence enclosing a forest instead. 'What the...'

"What is the meaning of this?" I pointed at the fence.

"Your Majesty asked me to take you here secretly, so I figured that I should bring you somewhere there aren't any people. Did I do wrong perhaps...?" His voice trailed off in increasing panic.

"No you did well." I assured him. "Good job, Eclise. Once I'm done here, I will give you a hefty reward."

His eyes sparkled. Mmmh. You like that, don't you?

"Wait for me here."

"Yes Your Majesty!"

I gripped one of the rails and started to climb easily with reclaimed familiarity. After jumping down, I ran through the thick forest towards the roads which led to the place where the bells rang.