Chapter Ten - The Unforsaken

I hope you have been enjoying my story so far, this is the next chapter.

________________

Chapter Ten

I walk around the corner and see three men, three warrior angels, two men about 20-25, but the other looked 13-15, only a boy. This guy had dirty light, brown, blonde hair that fell limp to his shoulders; he was shorter than the other two, lanky rather than muscled. One of the other guys had blonde, brown hair like the boy, but it looked a lot healthier and was cut short. The last guy was very tan, unlike the other two who were paler then me. He also had dark brown, nearly black hair, and I could just image he had brown eyes to go along with it.

They stood in a semi-circle, around a graphitized brick wall. I could just make out the shape of two people, one much taller than the other. "P-please l-leave us al-l-lone" a quiet voice stuttered, I knew that voice, it belonged to Mishka.

Then I heard a louder much more confident and husky voice say "You touch her and your dead."

I knew that voice too, it belonged to Dante, and just the sound of it made my heart leap out of my chest with joy. Something I still was trying to understand and get control of. Suddenly the youngest of the three burst into laughter "Do you really think your any match for us vampire.”

His cockiness annoyed me; the threat to Mishka's and Dante's lives angered me. So I slipped from the shadows faster than the human eye could detect. My voice echoed through the dark, damp alley we were standing in "No but I am."

All three of them spun around in shock, the two older boys were in proper warrior amour, the boy was just in normal street cloths, but still held a drawn sword in front of him, and by the way he was holding it, had no idea how to use it. The other two on the other hand, held theirs before them with grace as well as strength, obviously trained warriors.

Their eyes widened at the sight of me, but the boys eyes narrowed, he probably thought I was just another vampire. The older boys lowered their swords and stood there quietly. I could see Dante standing behind them with a surprised expression across his face, what did he think I’d just let them die?

Mentally shaking my head I say "What do you think you are doing warriors."

Taking the lead, the tanned guy took a step forward and said "Hunting vampires."

Huh, when was that part of the job description, we are only meant to hunt those who are in the act of murder. "What is your name Warrior?”

At the use of the word warrior he stood straighter and tipped his head that little bit higher. "Names Dustin and this is Chris and Ryan" he says while first pointing at the other warrior, then the boy.

Nodding I say "Well Dustin, since when did warriors start hunting things, we are protectors, not assassin's."

The boy, Ryan was fidgeting; he still held his sword in my direction "Well that's none of your business, now is it."

I turned my gaze on him, my left brow arching "Oh really, none of my business huh".

The other two, Dustin and Chris were looking at Ryan with terrified expressions upon their faces. "Bro shut up", Chris mumbles.

I smile as Ryan totally ignores Chris's wise advice, and steps towards me "Why don't you fuck off and leave us to kill these two blood suckers."

The smile slips off my face as Mishka gasps, and my eyes turn to narrow slips "How about, instead I beat the shit out of your sorry ass and send you packing back to your mummy."

Ryan stepped closer, the sword point an inch away from my stomach "How about, if you don't fuck off I kill you right here."

Ok, this kid was pissing, me off, angels don't think as lightly of death as he is. I was just about to reply when Dante cut in with venom in his voice "You do that kid and I'll rip your throat out."