"My questions weren't over," Althya announced, the golds glinting in her eyes.

"Mum," Celest groaned. "How about no more interrogation?" she suggested with a pleading stare. She had to end it before matters got out of control and she'd lose Nikolus' friendship.

"Oh Cel, I'm just merely curious. In fact, I'm certain our good lord won't mind. He must be conscious of how I interrogate my targets and how easy information finds its way to me," Althya smiled sweetly at her. She turned to Nikolus, "Where is our young prince?"

He took his time as he deliberately moved his glowing green eyes to meet Althya's blue ones. "Where he is needed or wanted," he answered slowly.

Althya frowned, her smooth forehead creasing.

Oberon furrowed his brows as he leaned forward the slightest. "What is Al doing these days?"

"And don't tell us you don't know, because we're aware you do," Althya added.

After a long pause, he replied, "He is exploring."

"What?" Althya quirked an eyebrow.

Nikolus drew a sharp breath. "Power and possibilities."

A sense of unease washed through Celest. Something about his answer wasn't right, but she couldn't put her finger on it. Her lie-detecting magic didn't help either.

"Isn't he planning on paying a visit? Or is he waiting for my funeral?" Althya grumbled.

"I-I" Nikolus stammered. Celest watched him with wide eyes. She had never seen him at a loss for words. He shifted in his spot.

"Inform him I wish to be in contact with him," Althya said, not allowing him to form a sentence.

"That won't be possible, but you can give me your message and I will deliver it to him."

"I was very clear the first time, but I'll repeat myself. Notify Alastar, Althya and Oberon want to see him."

"Lady Althya, with all due respect, I cannot do that. I'm a Hi-" Nikolus began, but she interrupted him.

"And I am the Grand witch of this nation and Oberon is the High Warlock of Night's Blood empire, and we are demanding it."

Celest rubbed her temple. Her annoyance got the best of her, and for a moment her patience's string slipped from her grasp. "Why is he so important to you?" she snapped. "Why are you constantly trying to meet him? Or gain information about him! You think if you talk to him once it'll prevent him from killing me?" she shouted.

Althya pressed her lips together, unimpressed by her outburst.

"There are a lot of things you're unaware of," Oberon stated calmly.

"I know!" She yelled. "Thanks to you, I'm clueless. The only thing I'm aware of is something I definitely don't need reminding. Tell me why you're trying so hard to get in touch with the only man alive capable of killing me and will with the first given chance?" It took Celest her entire willpower to prevent herself from standing up and pacing the room. Instead, she fisted her hand, nails dug into her palm as she glowered at her parents.

She was sensing everyone's gaze on her and wanted to blame her sudden outburst on them, but knew most of it was her own fault. She had a long way ahead in order to master her temper and figure out all the matters that were hidden from her.

Busy joining the pieces, she ignored how pathetic she ought to appear in front of them. Like a child. A twenty-year-old kid.

It was challenging to wrap her mind around this newfound knowledge. For almost twenty years, they had led her to believe she's untouchable. Only four months ago that illusion's bubble burst as her family explained there was a vampire out there -a vampire Primous- far stronger than her, able to harm and kill her.