Chapter III - Too Conspicuous to Hide

Start from the beginning

"Whew, that's everything." The coachman wiped his forehead from all the sweat. "It's just a small order, but it's still heavy." He took the water bag from his belt and started drinking.

"Yo." I tapped his shoulder.

"Ugh! Spltt..." I was surprised when he was startled and started coughing. I immediately hit his back to stop him from choking. "T-thank you."

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm oka—"He turned around. His eyes became wide as saucers and suddenly dropped to his knees. "Y-your Majesty! Please spare me!"

"What are you doing? Get up." I raised my brow.

"Yes Your Majesty."He slowly got back up but still continued to lower his head in fear.

Huh. I can understand the servant from earlier, but even this coachman recognized who this body is. With the humongous scale of the castle, I imagined that a monarch like this one would be too far away from the sight of commoners. Could it be the clothes? I looked down at the coachman. He's way shorter. I tower everyone. Must be this or everything else combined.

Our eyes met. He instantly looked down. He's still scared. Well, I can't really blame him. The guy in front of him is someone who can simply kill him on a whim. I observed his trembling form. In some way, it's kind of cute...

I smirked. "Do you really want me to spare you?" You did nothing bad but whatever.

He gasped. He shook his head up and down vigorously. Did he finally become mute from fear? I take that as a yes though.

"Then as Your Majesty, do everything I say."

"Yes Your Majesty! I'll do everything you say!"

"Good. Start dancing then."

"Hmm?! A-alright. I mean if you say so Your Majesty!" He started swinging his arms awkwardly in the air.

"What a pitiful form. You can't properly dance with such lackluster energy, you know." I disappointingly said.

"I'm sorry Your Majesty!" 'Please don't kill me.' I heard him mutter.

I clapped my hands to a festive rhythm. "I'll give you some music, so put your back into it."

He swung his arms harder. I held back my laughter. What fun. It got boring instantly though. He only knows three moves.

"That's enough. I was just teasing you." I held down his shoulders. He blushed in overwhelm. "The truth is I came here for a different reason. If you still haven't figured it out, I'm trying to sneak out and I nee—no, you will help me."

I have to be assertive. I'm posing as this man's ruler now.

I walked past him and grabbed a large barrel filled with water. I was prepared to feel its weight, but to my surprise, I managed to lift it easily. Before I could fully process what happened, my mind was snapped back at the sound of his voice.

"Help?" He sounded unsure of what he just heard.

I held the barrel over one arm and cleared my throat. "Correct."

I took off the lid of the barrel and began pouring the water in the warehouse's stored water troughs.

The coachman was mesmerized at my display of strength but quickly jolted back to reality. "Oh I'll do that for you Your Majesty." He panicked at the sight of me doing dirty work.