"And if it goes sour?" Tommy asked.

"My family's summer home is in the Fifth, only I know the location now. If it goes sour, I will head there and send you a hawk." Clay explained. "As long as we keep suspicion low, we should make it."

Once everyone was in agreement, it was a final. Each prince would bring their plus ones as normal, Philza would go alone. Everyone seemed contempt, of course, it wasn't their kingdom at risk here. Clay sunk back into his chair, slipping away into thought.

He'd have one chance, one god damned moment to make this all right. Anxiety boiled in his blood, he tried to calm himself. He was scared, but he'd be damned if he showed it.

-

When the day of the Gala arrived, even the universe seemed to notice to anxious mood that settled over both parties. Off into the not so far distance, was a bundle of raging clouds gathered and boiled like a witch's stew. The dismay in the weather only brought the meek mood down even more so.

Needless to say, it was chaos.

Clay found himself in the washroom along with Techno. His long-time friend was seated beside him in a chair. Two servants were behind Techno, washing and combing out his usually long and pink hair. Clay had already need through this process, his dirty blonde hair was washed free of dirt, and was bushed back with several decorative braids. Even though he wasn't properly dressed, he still looked fancy.

Clay stood in front of the mirror as the servants dressed him head to toe in a handsomely sewed green suit. It hugged his masculine figure, outlining his muscle and fit body. As he got ready, he glanced over at Techno.

His hair had been washed and dried, it was now being pulled back into an elegant bun. While his hair was being fixed, another servant placed gold accessories over Techno's face. Some went on his ears and hair, he even got two golden rings in his tusk-like teeth that extended from his lower jaw. Techno seemed unbothered by the servants, his nose was stuffed into a book

"Techno." Clay coughed, getting the prince's attention.

"Hmm?" He grumbled, looking up from his place.

"How do you remain calm in the face of danger?" He asked, Clay staring at himself in the mirror.

Techno put down his book and glanced at his old friend and chuckled. "Oh Clay... The voices demand blood." He shrugged, picking up his novel again.

Clay shot him a worried look. "W-what?"

"I'm teasing..." He laughed. "Sort of..." Technoblade sat up fully now and looked at Clay. "I've been long since desensitized from fear. I would have assumed you have too..." He muttered.

Clay stiffened. Techno was right. He used to never fear upcoming danger, what was different now? Was it the fact it was only a few days away from reclaiming his crown and his throne? Or was it the overwhelming cloud of uncertainty that hovered over him.

The servant who was dressing Clay had finished and backed away, allowing the bastard prince to look at his outfit. Once receiving the nod of approval from Clay, the same servant rushed off to get the suit of armor.

"You'll be fine my friend." Techno rose to his feet and started to put on his own suit of royal reds and blacks. "You always have been and always will."

Clay looked over at Techno and offered a small smile. Seeing Techno, fully dressed and seemingly dripping with gold, Clay could understand why people thought he was so scary. Techno walked over to him and helped Clay into the armor.

From the servant's arms, Techno grabbed the helmet and held it up. He looked at his reflection in the polished armor and looked up at Clay. "If there was any fight you were bound to win, it will be this one." He smiled warmly.

Clay smiled and nodded. "I know." Techno bobbed his head in returned and placed the helmet over Clay's head, effectively hiding his identity.

It was so funny. For the past five years, Clay couldn't be himself. He was either Dream, or a thief or even a criminal. Never once did Clay be just... Prince Clay. He longed for the memories of his family. Early mornings on the countryside. Playing games with his little sister. He wanted to be home. No matter how hard he tried, there was always some force that made Clay hide himself. He wanted to be free from behind his mask.

And that time would come soon that expected.

Within the walls of the royal carriage, Clay sat across from Wilbur and his guest, Sally. Techno was to Clay's side. They were riding down the Common Path towards the Fourth Kingdom. Since the Fourth and Fifth Kingdoms were close in range, it would be before the hour when the made it to the castle.

Wilbur offered a gentle smile. "Are you ready? To go back?"

"Ready as I can be." Clay sighed. "Oh... i forgot... Ember... her spell affects the water and drinkables... my advice if you'd like to remember your lives.... don't drink the wine." He warned.