"What the hell?" Sapnap asked, standing up.

"Language."

"It's a Carrier Hawk. Sent by the Queen." Ant explained.

"Ugh what does she want?" George spat.

"Huh." Ant scoffed a laughed. He rose his forearm to the hawk and the hawk hopped into it. "It's like it's a letter from our boss. The person is is paying us." Ant teased as he untied the scroll from the hawk's leg.

Using Sapnap as support, George rose to his feet. He continued to cling onto Sapnap as his full strength was not back yet. They all gathered around Ant as he unrolled the paper.

Ant read over it for a second, then turned out a gentle scoff. He cleared this throat and began. "George N. Founders, Nicolas S. Nappers, Anthony Frost, Darryl B. Halos-"

"Sorry, your real name is Darryl?" Sapnap held back a snicker. 

George punched him weakly in the shoulder. "Says you, Mr. Nappers." Sapnap frowned playfully and nudged George back, the two of them getting into a playful cat-fight.

Ant rolled his eyes and continued on. "You are here by cordially invited to attend-"

"Do you think they speak like that always? 'Cordially invited' is such a weird-" Sapnap began, drawing himself away from George and back on Ant.

"Oh, my goodness Sapnap, please, let Ant finish!" Bad sighed, he sounded exasperated.

"Anyways-" Ant inhaled sharply, turning his attention back to the paper. "-cordially invited to attend a Gala hosted by Queen Ember. The purpose of the Gala is to celebrate the ceremony of Renewing Bonds. You are invited as esteemed guests of the queen."

Everyone gave each other confused looks. Why were they invited to a Gala? especially when they were hunting Dream? Ant stopped reading out loud at this point. He skimmed down the letter, mouthing the words quickly as he read.

"They think during the Gala, Dreams going to infiltrate the castle and attack the Queen." Ant stated, still looking at the paper. "We are more or less body-guards."

"Doesn't she have guards there?" Bad asked, George noticed he was fiddling nervously with his hands.

"They'll be busy with just general protection. She wants us there as an elite team." Ant explained.

Sapnap furrowed his brows when Ant said 'elite'. "No offense to her highness, but we don't exactly have formal attire." He huffed. Why was he annoyed?

"I think we should ask the better question, why is she hosting the Gala?" George asked

"It's her turn. Each year a different kingdom hosts it. It's just her turn." Bad explained. He reached over and took the letter from Ant and read over it. "She'll provide housing and suits." He sighed heavily.

"Dream probably knew she'd be hosting the Gala. Right? He'll be there." Ant shoved his hands in his pockets as he spoke.

"It's clever, a crowded ball room, a rat can easily sneak by." Sapnap commented. "Queen Ember knows that..." A vicious smile brushed across his lips. "She's set a trap!"

"We might as well turn-tail now. He's long gone. We should be ready to expect him at the gala." Bad rolled up the letter and placed it in his pocket.

George was not excited about returning to the Fourth Kingdom. For some odd reason, being in the presences of the Queen made him nervous and uneasy. He hated the way she looked at him. George breathed in deeply, a flower of anxiety started to bloom in the pit of his stomach.

He pushed himself off of Sapnap, taking a second to find his balance. He watched his teammates talk, discuss what their next moves would be. George wrapped himself with his arms and lowered his gaze to the floor. Dog perked up, bringing her attention to her owner. She let out a muffle whine and walked over to him. She pressed her ginger coat against his leg in an attempt at comfort.

"I don't think we have a choice. Invited personally by the Queen." Sapnap said, but you could tell he was excited.

Bad nodded slowly, he also didn't like the idea of returning. "We aren't too far into the Valley to turn around. Going back will give us a chance to rest and gather strength to continue on, whether or not he shows. I say we go."

And that was final. Everyone - although hesitant - agreed. They'd leave now, they'd make it back in a few days, the gates to the kingdom weren't too far. George watched as the three other members turned and started walking. He remained; his feet seemingly glued to the floor in fear.

Sapnap stopped and looked over his shoulder at George. A simple smile of understanding licked his lips. "C'mon Georgie. We'll make it. I'll protect ya!" He cheered slightly. Sapnap extended a hand out to him.

George sniffled softly and nodded, grabbing his hand, and rejoining the rest of the party.

(( ugh the new few chapters were so fun to write, also just the second half of this book is just *chefs kiss* so fun to write i swear. Y'all will either love me or hate me, and i might just break my happy ending streak hah jk... unless...?))