Hot & Cold

"Jennie."

Jennie groaned, eyes closed and brows pinched together, wanting for the dream intruder with such soft, sweet honey like voice to go away for a few minutes so she could sleep more. But maybe come back and marry her when she's fully awake. She was still very much half asleep.

"Jennie," The hushed velvet voice came back and Jennie smiled suddenly. Sleepy Jennie was really enjoying the sound of the voice.

"Marry me," She mumbled, too sleepy to notice the soft cough that was made.

"Jennie," The voice was louder but still very calm but Jennie was still half asleep, dreaming of a nice flower garden. Was it Roses? Daisies? Lilies? It suddenly smelled so fresh, how nice.

"Jennie, wake up." Jennie whined, grabbing the edge of her soft, pink comforter and covering her face,

"Honey, please let me sleep. The kids aren't even awake yet." A soft, chuckle could be heard which left Jennie smiling, tiredly. Such a lovely sound, she thought to herself as she was slowly entering dream land again.

"Jennie, it's me, Lisa. Wake up, we're going to be late."

Now, that had Jennie's eyes opening and widening. She abruptly sat up, only to gasp as her nose barely grazed tip of Lisa's button nose. Both eyes widened for a mere second before Lisa pulled herself back and stared at Jennie calmly. It was as if that moment didn't ever happen. For Jennie, however, her expression was a mixture of surprise and extreme embarrassment.

But, those feelings washed away because, dear Lord, what a sight.

Lisa's dark hair seemed to be wavier than before, shaping her face in the softest way. The light from the window made it seem as if her smooth, clear skin was glowing and oh my, an actual angel.

She wasn't dreaming it, the smell of flowers surrounded her space and it must have been Lisa because Jennie had never smelled something so fresh and nice from anyone before.

"Sorry, your alarm kept going off but you wouldn't wake up. Classes will be staring soon." Lisa pointed out to a silent Jennie and Jennie must have indulged too long into the wonderful specs of gold in Lisa's eyes because the taller one looked away with a heugh of pink coating her cheeks. She cleared her throat,

"So, you should probably get ready."

Jennie blinked rapidly, getting her senses together and blushing. She cleared her throat as well and looked away,

"Right, sorry. I'll go on and do that," She rushed, speed walking to her closet, and naturally tripping as she did so. "G-Gonna get ready," She stammered, avoiding curious, amused doe eyes as she practically sprints into the bathroom. She slammed the door so loud that she missed the sound of a light laugh slipping from a soft smile.

Jennie closed her eyes and leaned her back against the bathroom door before groaning quietly and covering her blushing face with her hands,

"I can't believe I called her honey." She then moved her hands away and groaned once more seeing her reflection, "In a freaking bunny pajama? Unbelievable Jennie Ruby Jane!"

By the time Jennie was able to get over her embarrassment and walk out of the bathroom, her eyes widened in surprise. Lisa was still there, sitting on her bed while scrolling through her phone.

"You're still here? Won't you be late to class too?" Jennie asked, grabbing her bag and watching Lisa shrug silently while standing up. Lisa walks over to the door and opens it, never taking a glance behind to see if Jennie was following or not.