"You're the reason why I am in this condition right now. I don't want to see you," she sneered those words to me in a vile tone, her eyes narrowed in slits in contempt.

My tongue felt heavy at her accusation, as my hands felt on my sides. Her words pierced my heart like an arrow as my stomach tightened sickly. Some what deep inside my heart I knew her allegations were somewhat true. Only if I hadn't dragged her into my mess, she wouldn't have been this broken and shattered.

*******

Her laboured breathing broke the thin daze of sleep that I had managed to fall into after trying for the last two hours.

" ... no ... stop ... " gasp "Get away ... " I sprinted up from the small bed and my eyes sought towards the figures who was sleeping on her bed, tangled in blankets.

Despise her protests I couldn't let her stay alone. I did, for the first few hours keeping an eye on her from the surveillance camera in the room ... but the moment she tucked herself inside the blanket, I came back, but didn't dare to sleep on the same bed.

The doctors had already warned me to maintain as minimum physical contact with her as possible, atleast for a few days. She was restless at anyone's touch and wouldn't want mine too.

She gasped again, craning her neck painfully at an odd angle, painfully grunts leaving her throat. I switched on the bedside lamp.

"Love," I gently called her out, my hands hanging in the air ... itching to break her free off her nightmare ... but hesitant.

Sarah's face morphed painfully and she clenched the bedsheets, gasping loudly ... "No! Don't take him away. Give me back my baby!"

As soon as she uttered those words, the despair of loosing my child toppled down on me with a crash, pushing me deep into melancholy, I was trying so hard to ignore. Why? Because Sarah needed me now, and she was the most important person for me. But this was difficult for me too, more than anything. Loosing a child was heartbwrenching.

Quickly shaking my head to break the daze, I sat down beside her on the bed and clinched her shoulders lightly, shaking her as gently as possible. Goosebumbs pimped out on her exposed arms and she shrieked, her eyes still clenched closed.

"Its okay love, wake up ... no one would hurt you anymore. Wake up, please ... for me," I soothed sweet nothings into her ear, my voice not over a notch.

Her gasps turned milder and she stopped struggling with the blankets, her body becoming limp slowly. It took several minutes for the trembling to pass but I sat beside her .... holding her hands lightly tracing her forehead with my lips. She loved it when I used to kiss her forehead.

My eyes were almost drooping down when a soft melodious voice called out my name, breaking the silent room.

"Chase."

My eyes snapped opened at her voice and I swiftly pushed my head up to look up into her crystal blue eyes. They were tired, but atleast not blank, not devoid of any emotion. Grief was the dominant in her eyes, accompanied with fatigue, helplessness, misery and after such a long time I noticed vulnerability. She was opening up herself up to me and I couldn't thank the stars above for anything else.

She hadn't let out her sentiments out much after she recovered from the coma, which was worse ... cause pent-up emotions could be very dangerous for her health.