"The Council is upset I'm the youngest to ever serve. That the Chancellor wanted (Y/N) and I over any of you," Anakin argues.

I no longer know where I stand in this argument. I want to protect Anakin like I always do, but that's hard to do when he's throwing around such strong accusations. 

"Ehhhh I don't think that's right," I contribute.

I don't really know what I believe regarding this matter, but I feel more inclined to trust Obi Wan's argument. I understand that Anakin feels slightly betrayed by the Council and all. The problem is, I can't just accept that they are making their judgement based on age alone.

"No, it's not," Obi-Wan agrees. "I worry when you speak of jealousy and pride, Anakin. Those aren't Jedi thoughts; they're dangerous and dark."

I know Obi-Wan isn't aware of my pregnancy, so I technically cannot be mad at him for saying such a thing during this time. I'm sensitive to references to the dark side right now because I am fearful of anything that could take away my family. 

"Master, you of all people should have confidence in my abilities. I know where my loyalties lie," Anakin argues.

Obi-Wan is silent. I can tell by his simple mannerisms that he feels conflicted by this scenario. On one hand, he wants to do what the Council believes is best and thereby expose any corruption within the Senate. On the other hand, he is struggling to place such a large burden on Anakin. Whether he admits it or not, he is attached to Anakin as though he is his brother. Placing him in a situation like this cannot be easy.

"If the Council is so wary of Anakin and his friendship with Chancellor Palpatine, then why did they accept him onto the Council?" I ask, believing it to be a valid point. "That doesn't make reasonable sense."

"The only reason the Council has approved the appointment is that the Chancellor trusts him." Obi-Wan states.

I don't want this conversation to continue any further, but I know it needs to. Things are only going to become worse from Anakin's point of view, leaving him to believe the Council is nothing more than a sinister body of sorcerers. 

"And?" Anakin asks.

"Anakin, look, I am on your side. I didn't want to see you put in this situation," Obi-Wan says.

I feel more startled now than ever. I need to be convincing Anakin to trust the Jedi over the Chancellor, and this event is making that much harder. My hope for possibly showing him the benefit of the spark of the rebellion within the Senate is fading.

"What situation might that be?" I ask.

He takes a deep breath which, when it comes to Obi-Wan Kenobi, is never a good sign. Whatever he is about to reveal is certainly not going to be desirable.

"The Council wants you to report on all of the Chancellors' dealings. They want to know what he's up to," Obi-Wan explains.

And there it is. There have been too many instances in the past that have caused Anakin to lose faith in the Jedi Order; namely the trial of Ahsoka and Cal. Now, when Anakin's loyalty is needed the most, the Council has dropped this bombshell.

I'm beginning to understand why Obi-Wan wanted me present for this. Anakin is too close to the Chancellor, and hearing what the Council has planned will not end well. I'm assuming Obi-Wan thought my presence would calm him down a little. Unfortunately for us both, I don't think I will be capable of such a thing.

"They want me to spy on the Chancellor?" Anakin questions. "That's treason!"

Anyone close to him is aware of Anakin's issues with his attachments; I more than anyone else. This revelation will only increase his level of distrust for the Council and likely strengthen his loyalty to the Chancellor.