Chapter 14

The silence was so thick, that Kokichi felt as if he would drown in it.

"Don't touch it!" Kaito's voice suddenly said, making everyone's attention turn to him. "It'll only bring problems. If we don't mess with it, then we'll have no reason to kill."

"Wow! Kaito actually said something smart for once!" Kokichi exclaimed happily. "But, what if I wanted to talk to my sweet father?"

That was a lie. He absolutely despised his father. He didn't have a father to begin with. Well, at least not anymore.

"Kaito's right!" Kaede said, completely ignoring Kokichi's comment. "We just gotta steer clear of that thing, and we'll be alright! If we work together, I'm sure that no murder will occur!"

Although the others seemed reassured by her words, Kokichi just grew more suspicious. They didn't have to worry about him using the phone. He didn't have any loved ones. Plus, he knew that D.I.C.E could take care of themselves properly. But that didn't say anything about the others.

He scanned the crowd, his frown growing more and more. He knew that they all had loved ones. Well, except maybe Ryoma. Because of this, the threat of using the phone grew considerably large. To him, everyone was now suspicious.

Of course, except Gonta. He knew that Gonta would never hurt a fly. He would hurt whoever hurt a fly though. Maybe Kirumi as well. She seemed to only serve others. It doesn't appear as if she had a particular master in which she loved the most, or relatives of any kind. If anything, she was more like a tool in his eyes. An extremely sharp tool ready to be used at any moment.

Ah, but thinking of Kirumi as a tool wasn't the kindest thing. After all, she has been so kind to him before. But who cares? He was the Ultimate Supreme Leader, feelings of others shouldn't care to him. Well, except they did.

He toned out the conversations of the others, dismissing their promises to not touch the phone. He mostly did this because he knew that they were lying. Or at least a few of them were. He didn't understand how another person's promises would reasure you. What if they were lying?In his opinion, the only way to make sure something stays a secret is to blackmail their silence. Although, that was probably just him.

He was bored. But if he were to go away, others would probably call him out, which would be a big pain.

Actually, why haven't they done that yet? Not one of them had ever questioned them about the memories he recived. Did they not care at all? Or did they just not realize how important they were? Not even Shuichi, the so called Ultimate Detective, had even questioned him about anything. Were they really this dense?

In order to try to get away from his boredom, he erased all thoughts. Well, not literally, but more figurative.

It was as if his mind was blank. He completely tuned out the noises and life forces around him. They were non-existent. It was only a dark empty void and him.

It was some kind of Zen meditation thing that he picked up from when he was bothering the Ultimate Meditator. Good times.

He was so into it, he didn't realize when the others had left. And of course, no one bothered to go tell him. Which was expected, but still hurt. So when someone walked up to him, Kokichi was more than surprised.

"Kokichi, the other's are gone now... shouldn't you be going too?" The voice that belonged to no other than the Ultimate Detective spoke softly, starling Kokichi.

Kokichi's eyes snapped open as he heard him. He was careful not to show any emotion, but he still felt it. He felt... happy that someone had bothered to talk to him. But it was different than what he felt when he was with Gonta or Kirumi. When Shuichi willing talked to him, it made his chest burst with happiness.

It was annoying and he hated it.

"Erm... Kokichi?" Shuichi gently poked him, trying to get a reaction from the silent person.

"Wah! Shuichi! Your bothering me!" Kokichi pouted fakely, crossing his arms and looking sideways at Shuichi. "But if Shuichi wants to hand out, then let's go!"

Shuichi's "Kokichi!" were ignored while Kokichi grabbed him by the arm and dragged him Atua knows where. Soon, Kokichi slowed down as they arrived in the courtyard.

Kokichi half forced Shuichi to follow him behind the boiler room, looking around as if making sure that no one was around.

"Shumai! This is my ultra special secret place!" Kokichi gestured proudly to the grass.

"Um... what is?" Shuichi responded, confused since he didn't see anything ultra special about the place.

Kokichi moved some grass to reveal a flower. It was a beautiful purple pansy, hidden in the grass. It seemed as if it were a secret key to a whole new world. It seemed so out of place too. Such a cheerful beautiful thing had no place in a killing school.

"It's... beautiful." Shuichi whispered as he crouched down to see it better. "How did you find it?"

"Well, I was doing super evil things when I saw it." He replied with a smirk.

That was a lie. He had come upon it when he was feeling down. He had wanted to be alone, so he had sitten down behind the boiler room. It was a mere coincidence that he had spotted the bright purple from the corner of his eye. The beautiful flower had calmed him, and even raised his spirits a bit. Ever since then, it had became a place in which he went to relax to.

But Shuichi didn't need to know that.

"Mhmm." Shuichi replied skeptically.

Kokichi sat down, closing his eyes and just letting himself relax. He didn't care what the other thought of his actions. Although, a part of him felt slightly self conscious on how feminine he must look. Someone with his figure sitting beside a flower that matched his hair must be so feminine.

He wondered why he felt so self conscious around Shuichi.

Kokichi however, had no reason to think about what Shuichi thought of him.

Shuichi thought it was beautiful. Like a painting.

He had the sudden urge to freeze that image just to stare at it all day. Although, he couldn't really freeze a human.

Chaining him would work.

Shuichi wanted to run his hands over Kokichi's purple hair. His attention was no longer on the flower, rather on the small boy. He found himself thinking that Kokichi looked really fragile. So easy to break. He found himself thinking what kind of expression a broken Kokichi would make.

Kokichi suddenly felt uncomfortable as he felt eyes looking at him.

He wanted to get out of there.

A/N: Changed the cover since the old one was disgusting.