x

CHAPTER X; HOME AFLAME

to say that fushiguro is tired was an understatement. a brew of feelings have been bubbling up inside of him— conflicted, confused, and downright impatient.

this was not the first time y/n bailed out on him in the year. the kid is diligent enough to attend their sessions. they need to since both of them are at stake for the consequences of their actions.

fushiguro holds a reputation for a possible scholarship— or a college susceptible enough for his liking in general; y/n is striving for at least an honorable mention for graduation and not to place disgrace on the class— or perhaps not to get an ass whooping by parents. seems far-fetched for one of them to fall off the deal, ain't it?

the day was rather dark with dark clouds looming over the city, as if it was in sync with the now trudging fushiguro on a steep hill, one known by not many people, one that he and itadori pass by often, also one that happens to be where y/n is at.

"oh, wow, what a coincidence," sarcasm dripped thick on fushiguro's words. "what are you doing now?" he emphasized the last word as he placed a hand on his hips.

you rose up from your post warm-up position. "itadori-san is teaching me how to run around the tracks like a rat." this made chugging a whole bottle of water harder for itadori.

"i said that— didn't i say 'hamster'?" he choked out each sentence while fushiguro shot him either a concerned or disgusted look.

"uh. . . i think you said 'rat' along the lines."

to roll off the hill was tempting the brunette but he still has a junior to tutor. he couldn't believe this scene unfurling right before his eyes. sure, the younger is all brains fitted in a small noggin but it's clearly not a rat.

"okay, okay, enough with the rats and hamsters and what not. what are you even doing with itadori?" he turned to you and cocked a brow.

he didn't mean to sound like an interrogating parent or an overly protective brother or perhaps, a cheated lover but one thing is for sure, he's curious. what else would a junior and their senior do all alone on top of a hill next to a river?

"er, the drama club didn't really work out so. . ." you shot a look at itadori who looked like he's anticipating for something.

the strawberry blond went behind you and gestured towards you. "meet the new member of the track-and-field club! ta-da!" both of your jazz hands flicked about as fushiguro failed to suppress a confused face.

"let me guess, it's not official, isn't it?"

"um, yeah. we're kinda working on that."

"but hey, we got a runner!" itadori raised a fist and bumped it against yours, snickers erupting from both of you ever so often.

the whole thing was a mess. fushiguro didn't understand you one bit. first thing you're indulging yourself with cooking utensils and beef cakes and all of a sudden, you're a runner in the making.

he wished he was that versatile but he had to be honest, what you're doing is a waste of time. you're a graduate in the making not some head-over-the-clouds highschooler. you have to act like it at least but amidst the stress every student is going through at the moment, he wanted to unwind just like that every once in a while too.

but it's useless since everyone's going to die anyway?

"we can't waste too much time. we'll get going now, itadori." he turned with a small wave and trudged down the hill the same way he did earlier.