iii

CHAPTER III ; LACHESIS MEETS REALITY

you were interested in greek mythology, heck, you loved it. the thought of the origin of every living existence you're seeing intrigued you to your bones. every bit of scandalous acts godly figures did, the ruthless punishments bestowed upon many others, and lastly how the world came to be.

greek mythology wasn't the only thing keeping your head up in the clouds, tons of other literary works piqued your interest too. if you were to name personal favorites, that'd be japanese and norse mythology.

it was a no brainer that you liked literature. the subject irked you back when you were younger but now that you have gotten atleast a tad bit smarter, everything was clear as light to you.

speaking of literature, the three sisters of fate made their way as the topic for today's club meeting.

"-lachesis then measures out destiny, making her represent the future." you whispered to yourself, holding the book close to you.

as much as you want to go over the last page of the book for a book analysis, you can't help but get lost in your thoughts for the umptheenth time of the day. getting in depth with the symbolism of the three sisters made you compare life to itself.

then there goes moments you got yourself thinking about yourself too.

now that you've thought about it, if your school had any sort of status quo, you'd never fit in anywhere but somehow manage to blend in. let's say, you're flexible.

you have your fair share of knowledge within any sort of field, thanks to your curiosity invading most of your thoughts, which meant you're applicable for most of the clubs in school.

but with your sense of ambiguity, you'd want yourself in the other clubs as well and maintain membership with the current one. eventually, your indecisiveness lead you to where you are now.

"i still can't believe you're leaving. you lasted how many days here again?"

'don't say it. don't say it. don't say it-'

"i guess, one week?" you managed to squeak out.

the club leader's eyes widened, you felt pity when you saw that. "but you've been so good though? keep in mind, club points will be deducted from your grades."

'called it.'

the same words rang in your mind for the second time of the month. if you do the math, you've joined approximately 3 clubs, if you include the official gaming club (it shocked you to death that the supreme student council might've actually considered adding such club right after the protest of a certain green-haired student of the seniors' batch).

each club gave you opportunities to explore your capabilities, most of them was you messing around with members other than the leader.

with all honesty, you wished to stay in one club for the rest of the year but your will-driven heart says otherwise. it's as if it was an unspoken rule for you to to explore every possible club without fail.

"hey, y/n!" a voice hollered at the back.

whipping your head at the direction of the said voice, your eyes squinted.