i

CHAPTER I ; CHERRY ON TOP

the continuous ring of the alarm sounded muffled against the pressed pillow on top of your phone. your right hand didn't fail to falter as you held a not-so tight grip on your pillow, making an attempt of blocking out the third ring. you laid flat on your bed, eyes stuck on the same old ceiling for years of your life. 

'here we go again.'

pulling yourself up groggily into a sitting position, your eyes darted to your bathroom. with little effort, you made your bed in an attempt to make it look flattering enough to come home after a tiring day with a clean bed in sight but the tossed pillows said otherwise.

in this fine morning, sarcasm intended, the only thing that could liven up your mood was a daily dose of 'i'm-suffering-on-the-inside-but-i'm-also-kinda-happy' playlist blaring through your speakers. and with that played '21 guns' of greenday as you made a bee line to your bathroom.

the song was finally nearing its bridge when you stood there still with a life time amount of toothpaste oozing their way down to your wrist with your toothbrush on the other hand. after what seemed like minutes, you can't help but stare onto the reflection in front of you.

'this cycle. . .'

a certain word for the certain topic was stuck on the tip of your tongue just like that. i mean, who would blame you, a starry-eyed romantic with their head up constantly high in the clouds, with countless impossibilities circulating the mind 24/7, would have enough time to unravel the english vocabulary?

you snapped out of your trance once paramore's decode got into the first verse with hayley's undeniably good vocals. and with that, you mustered enough energy to get yourself over this plain routine starting with cleaning up the wasted toothpaste, a few cool splashes of water on your face, and a lil' bit of lip balm.

it's half-assed if you ask me but who cares? school's pretty much just students getting through the year, flattering others would most likely be a second priority.

onwards to this damned routine, in the middle of the room was you standing right in front of the full-length mirror, with the clothes you wore over night. putting your arms in each sleeve, wearing the uniform felt all too familiar with the black velvet fabric riding across your skin and finally with the same shoes clinging on your possibly varicose-infested feet.

and with a swish and flick, the lame ass routine ends just like that with you walking up the foyer and finally out of the door.

walking down the neighborhood must be one of the least favorite things you'd want to do. tall buildings rose above each other, the sight of grey puffs of smoke from badly needed of oil change cars, and crowds desperately catching up that early train ride. from the looks of it, it seemed okay, heck, it was great being in a city but even countless of billboards and tons of skyscrapers wasn't enough for you.

the same exhilirating feeling of catching neon lights in your eyes or the excitement over seeing gorgeous outfits wrapped on milk white mannequins wasn't the same anymore. the city life bored you to the extent of not even being surprised if you catch a well-known idol in a nearby 7/11 store in a saturday, based on a true story, i kid you not.

but maybe, maybe in this 'fine' day, you'd find something that catches your eyes. something out of the ordinary, like a magical pegasus waiting right by the school gate, ready to bring you far away from your bland, tasteless life.

but fate had other plans, and none of them had any pegasi or magic.

half way crossing the school campus, right by the building entrance stood the ever-so serious and listless fushiguro.

sadly, in this world, there weren't any magical pegasi but just good 'ol fushiguro with that same unreadable expression of "i'm-going-to-kill-you-any-moment-now" with a sprinkle of "i'm-so-tired-lmao."

"great, just the cherry on top of everything." you smiled bitterly as you made your way to the what seemed like the sleep-deprived senior.

speaking of cherries, you were hungry.

creeping up right beside the senior, you smirked. "got any. . .?"

fushiguro took notice of this and huffed a breath, poking his blue book bag. your eyes filled with glee and reached in to pull out a decently made egg sandwich. a small smile crept up on your lips as you took another bite while the boy walked begrudgingly beside you.

'. . . is the cherry on top of everything.'

a/n: i'm REALLY sorry if anything about 'reader' here wasn't described specifically as i do intend to take it generally for all to enjoy but for the sake of this ff, let's just say you guys are pretty "out-of-this-world" and ambiguous ;)

i have to say this chapter really is bland only 'cuz it shows how much of a bOriNg life you guys have.