xiii

CHAPTER XIII ; VOGEL IM KÄFIG

it lasted 2 minutes and 4 seconds when your once sky-rocketed feelings went diving down the pits of misery. now you stood dumb-struck in your living room, one hand mercilessly gripping tight on your scalp and one holding your phone like it held for dear life.

"what do you mean you can't go?"

the original plan of shutting up or at least tuning your voice down to avoid certain chatterboxes was now disregarded and thrown off the window like how you'd do with kugisaki if only she was here with you.

except she wasn't when you expectantly stood outside your room, waiting.

"l/n, you do know finals is approaching? i would want to-"

"which you exactly did say yesterday."

"you're lucky i'm not there with you! i would've smacked your face- those two made a bet and i obviously can't lose, l/n."

your living room rug was not having the time of its life when all you did was pace back and forth. surely, by the time you finish your call with your ever-loving senpai, your footprints have made remarkable history.

"who started the bet anyway?"

"fushiguro," you can instantly hear what you assumed to be a food wrapper from the other end of the call. you darted straight to your fridge.

"he doesn't even make bets! . . . or so i thought."

"which is exactly why it may be worth it!"

you have to admit, the ambience your living room showcased was none like the other times you were awake in this ungodly hour of 3 in the morning. most of them contained you cramming a project or an essay to write while others had you just sitting on your bed wondering what made you wake up.

it was nice to bask in silence. surge of emotions would somehow be fervent at this period, except for times that actually made you numb from the amount of brain juice you had to drain in your noggin. what made matters better was how some parts of your rooms are lit up by street lights and how it would pass through your tinted windows.

but you can't leave room to sonder and relish in that ghost nostalgia you'd have at this time. not when you're in conflict of laying back down with a fluffy blanket or packing up your things and go. you could say the bubbling frustration might have been from either the fact that you're the only one awake at 3 in the morning or from kugisaki last-minute bailing on you.

either way, you can't really say since you're really disoriented.

"why can't you just bring fushiguro with you?"

you tossed another pair of track pants in your suitcase. "i wouldn't be going in this trip if he was part of it."

"itadori?"

"club activities," with a zip of your suitcase, you're out  of your room. "and of course, that silly bet you have."

by the time you reached flight of stairs, kugisaki then started her frantic concerns about you going alone in a trip during this week where you're supposed to be locked up in your room, going through horrendous amounts of books and attempt to ace every test by the next few weeks.