"A's are good?" Loki asked curiously, turning back to his morning tea.

     "Yeah. It's a whole system." You told Loki casually, going over to the pantry to see what you could eat for breakfast. Not feeling particularly hungry you settled on a banana. You went over to Loki, jumping up onto the island, swinging your feet absently as you waited for him to finish making his tea.

      Loki nodded, picking up his mug and turning around to face you, leaning on the counter. "I was under the impression that the Captain was in charge of your education?" Loki asked curiously as he began to stir his tea.

    "He likes to act like he is." You began, un-pealing your banana. "But its my birth parents that are actually, legally, in charge of what I do. Until I'm 18, that is. I only live here because the Avengers hired me as an Avenger after I saved the city of L.A. from an angry dragon. It's good experience, and if I like it it will turn into a life time career. Since I split my time living on Earth and Dakarus I have to have two jobs. Earth currency doesn't have any meaning on Dakarus, and Dakarian currency doesn't have any meaning on Earth. I need to be able to support myself on both worlds, not just one."

    Loki nodded, in understanding. Though the two of you had been friends for weeks he still didn't know much about your life. He knew that Eclipse chose you when he crashed in the woods near your house two, almost three, years ago. He knew that you were kind and gentle hearted, and that your father was a rich doctor, and that you grew up in a richer family than most. He also knew that you didn't really like, or get along with most people.

    "Your parents are human?" Loki asked you, remembering a question that he wanted an answer to weeks ago. The only reason he didn't press for answers then was because you were sopping wet and freezing in the cold night air.

    You nodded your head in agreement, taking a bite of your banana. "Last I checked."

    "But you told me you weren't mortal?"

    You smiled at that, mischief gleaming in your eyes at Loki's obvious confusion. "No," you agreed, "I'm not mortal."

    "Is you mother immortal?" Loki asked when you didn't care to enlighten him. Finding it humorous that he was trying so hard to figure you out.

    "No," you told him with a smirk. "She's a human. Just like my dad and me."

    Loki continued to look at you, silently asking you to enlighten him on why you weren't a mortal.

     You sighed, smiling at him, giving into his questioning looks. "When Eclipse chose me to be his rider he not only chose me but... tied? I guess you could say? Us together with magic. This," you said pulling the collar of your pajama shirt down over your shoulder and turning your back to face him to reveal a pitch black silhouette of a Nightfury etched into the back of your left shoulder blade. "Was burned into my skin with magic the day Eclipse chose me. It's a magical symbol that all dragon riders get when they find their dragon. It not only binds the dragon and rider together by power, but also by life." You turned back around, letting go of your collar, letting the shirt fall into its usual form, once again covering up your marking.

    The mark wasn't a secret by any means, you just didn't go out of the way to show it off. On Dakarus, especially at royal events and ceremonies, it was much easier to show off your mark without trying, just because of the clothes you were expected to wear always empathized it. Not everyone on Dakarus are picked by dragons to be dragon riders, in fact it was quite rare to be a real dragon rider. The ones that are picked show off their marks with pride. But Earth's cloths were not made to show off ones dragon rider mark. So when you were on Earth you just didn't bother with trying to show it off.