𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

HOME

LONDON, 1935

LONDON, 1935

Home sweet home. The O'Connell- Croft family returned home. As they walked inside Kara was talking to Rick about the newfound discovery. "I think the bracelet is some sort of guide to the lost oasis oh Ahm Shere," she said as they walk in. "Kars, I know what you're thinking, and the answer is no" he replied. "We just got home" he adds as he puts the suitcases down. Kara throws her bag on the couch. "That's the beauty of it. We're already packed" she turns to her husband. "Why don't you give me one good reason?" he asked as he walks to her and stops just a few inches from her. "It's just an oasis, darling" she replies trying to convince him. She takes his hat off and throws it on the floor.

She begins to take off his scarf. "A beautiful, exciting," she walks around him. "Romantic" Ric takes a deep breath. "Oasis" she finally takes off his scarf. "The kind with the white, sandy beach and the palm trees and the cool, clear, blue water and..." he says as he wraps his arms around her. She nods. "We could have some of those big drinks with the little umbrellas" she nods in excitement thinking he's finally caving. He smiles at his wife. "Sounds good," she says with a smile and he does too. "Sounds too good," he says to her. He pushes her lightly, she's now about a foot away from him. He looks at her dead in the eye. "What's the catch?" he asks knowing it won't be a vacation. "Supposedly it's the resting place of Anubi's army" she replies and he steps away from her. "See? I knew there's a catch. There's always a catch" he replies. She walks away to the living room. "And let me guess. It was commanded by that Scorpion King guy?" he asks as he follows her.

"Yes, but he only awakens once every 5,000 years" she replies as she looks back at him. "Right. And if someone doesn't kill him, he's gonna wipe out the world" he adds to prove his point. She begins to walk up the stairs. "How did you know?" she asks as he turns back before continuing her way up the stairs. "I didn't. But that's always the story" he replies as he follows her up the stairs. "The last known expedition to actually reach Ahm Shere was sent by Ramses IV over 3,000 years ago," she tells him as they reach the top. "He sent over a thousand men" she adds. "And none of them was ever seen again," he says. She stops for a second and looks over her shoulder. "How did you know?" she asks once again. "I didn't. But that's always the story" he replies. "Did I mention there was a pyramid of gold?" she asks as she looks back at him. "Yes. Twice. And I think you are confusing me with Jonathan. Gold won't convince me" he replies.

They reach the library. "Alexander the Great sent troops to in search of it" she states. "Hooray for him" he replies. "So did Caesar" she adds. "Yeah, look what happened to his career," he says. "And Napoleon" she adds as she points at a painting of him. "But we are smarter than him. And taller, too" Ric replies as he points at the painting. She begins to look through her library.