𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽

IMHOTEP

British Fort - Cairo - Kara's Quarters

O'Connell chucks a load of clothing into Kara's suitcase. "I thought you didn't believe in this stuff?" O'Connell stated. "Shoo," he says to Evelyn's white cat, that Kara moves away from her suitcase. "No, that was Evelyn. And having an encounter with a three-thousand-year-old walking-talking corpse tends to convert one" she replies as she unpacks. "Forget it. We're out the door, down the hall and we're gone," O'Connell says as he takes clothing out of the drawers. "Oh, no, we are not" she replies. Evelyn was coming to see her sister but stopped when she heard them arguing and she could not deny they sounded like a married couple.

"Yes, we are," O'Connell says and continues to pack. Kara takes out more clothes from the suitcase. "Oh, no. We are not. We woke him up, and we are going to stop him" she says to him. "We? What we? We didn't read that book. I told you not to play around with that thing. Didn't I tell you?" he says reminding her. She grabs the books Rick put on the suitcase. "Yes, right then, me, me, me, me. I, I, I woke him up and I intend to stop him" she replies. "Yeah? How?" he asks. "You heard the man. No mortal weapons can kill this guy" he added. "What happened to "I got him" she mocks him. "We can find some immortal ones" she adds.

"There goes that we again," he says as he holds the suitcase. "Look, will you listen to me? We have to do something" she says. She closes the lid on the suitcase slamming it into Rick's fingers, O'Connell yelps. Evelyn outside covers her mouth to stop herself from laughing loudly. "Once this creature has been reborn, his curse is going to spread until the whole Earth is destroyed," she says as she walks behind him. He turns to look at her, she stops walking. "Yeah? Is that my problem?" he asks following her around the room. "Well it is everybody's problem" she replies.

"Kara, I appreciate you saving my life and all, but when I signed on, I agreed to take you out there and bring you back. I have done that. End of job. End of story. Contract terminated" he states loudly. "Is that what I am to you? A contract?" she asks. "You can either tag along with me or you can stay here and try and save the world. After all, is what you do" he says. Kara takes a deep breath. "It doesn't matter where you run to, once everything starts there will be no place on Earth where you can hide. But I will fight because Evy and Jonathan's life depend on me fighting back. Even yours" she said.

That's when Evy understood that everything her older sister had ever done was to protect them, even if they didn't see it or know it. O'Connell realized that Kara would do anything for her siblings even as going as far as dying for them. He didn't want that for her. He wanted her to live, he liked her probably he more than liked her. "What's it gonna be?" he asked her. "I'm staying" she replied. "Fine," he said as he walked away. "Fine" she repeated. "Fine," he said once again. "Fine" she mocked. "Fine," he said one last time before closing the door. "You can come in, Evy" she called to her sister. "How did you know?" she asked Kara. "I always know when you or Jonathan are closed by" she replied with a smile.