You Really Know Me

Start from the beginning

I closed back the window and looked over my room to make sure it was left in a clean state. I closed my room door behind me and headed down the stairs.

My mum sat at the small kitchen table with a plate of pancakes in front of her. She was wearing the same sweats from before along with a baggy t-shirt. When she noticed me come down the stairs she looked up.

"Going already?"

"Yup," I say nervously, not wanting her to pry any more. "I'll be back pretty late so don't wait up, I've got the key."

My mum nods her head, causing a few strands of brown hair to fall into her eyes. I walk over to her and give her a small hug from behind. "There's some money by the phone," she tells me with a small smile.

"Thank you," I thank with a kiss to the cheek. "Bye."

"Bye, kid," she says as I pick up the dollar bills from its place under the phone stand and head out the door.

I look around for Jess as I hear the door close behind me. He seemed to be really good at hiding. I walked around the house for a while, stopping under my window to make sure that he hadn't climbed up.

"Hey," I hear him say from behind me, making me jump.

I spun around to see him standing there with a small smirk on his face. He was wearing the same outfit he had from just now.

Giving him a small smile, I reach up and press a soft kiss to his cheek. I didn't have to worry much about people seeing, since our backyard was surrounded by trees.

"You ready to go?" He asked as I nodded and we both made our way to the bus stop.

Once we got nestled into our seats on the bus, Jess put his arm around my shoulder. I got the window seat while Jess got the aisle. We both knew the window seat was my favourite. There was no one on the bus that either one of us recognised so we didn't need to worry about how we acted around each other.

"How did you get your mum to let you go all the way out to New York?" He asked as the bus started to move.

I played with his fingers that hanged of my shoulders. "I may have told her a little white lie."

He looked down at me with a curious grin. "And how little is this white lie?"

"Well," I begin nonchalantly, "She thinks that I went out with a friend." Knowing that Jess had a slight problem with Tristan, I didn't wanna mention him.

"Which friend?"

There it goes. "Tristan," I began as I watched his reaction.

Jess just groaned. "That douche?" He says exasperatedly. "Your mum is fine with you going to New York with that guy." If I didn't know him any better I would say he was mad. But I did know him better.

"Are you jealous?" I teased with a cocky grin.

He sticks his tongue out at me childishly. "Me? Jealous of that guy? No way." As he squirmed in his seat slightly I let out a laugh.

"You are so jealous," I continue on as a faint tint of red appears on his cheeks.

I felt him bury his face into my neck. "Shut up," I felt him mumble. When he lifts his face back up for me to see he had on a small pout. "I'm being bullied."

I kiss his pout away and felt him smile into the kiss. "You know you have nothing to worry about," I reassured one I pulled away.

"Glad to hear it," he says as I lean my head against his shoulder.