She turned around to look at the stairs, breathing in deeply again. Just a bite. Her teeth extended, and her gums ached with the hunger in her belly.

Brennan was in front of her in a flash, staring at her with a hard-set glare. "Control, Jay," He said. She growled in his face, needing the blood she smelled. "Go to Kieran's car. There are some blood bags in there." He pushed her to the door, where she saw the sunlight shining outside. She paused before leaving. What if she would burn? Testing it slowly, she put her hand in the sun's rays shining through the shades of a window. Warmth met her skin, but she didn't feel any discomfort from touching it. Jay couldn't believe it. All this time, she thought the sun would burn her skin, but it turns out it wouldn't.

She exited the cabin, watching for any signs of the wolf pack as she did so. She couldn't smell anything around, so she continued on her way towards Kieran's car. It was on the side of the road where they had last seen it. She turned off his lights and took the keys from the ignition, shutting the vehicle completely off. In the back seat in a small cooler were the blood bags. She took one of them and greedily gulped it down. She stopped before draining the bag entirely and wiped her mouth on her sleeve.

Feeling a lot better than before, she stuffed a couple of blood bags in her shirt and went back to the cabin. Kieran was still lying on the couch, but Brennan had disappeared.

Jay crouched low in front of Kieran, giving him one of the blood bags. "Here," She spoke softly. "Drink some of this." She held the bag to his lips, and he drank sloppily from it. She moved her finger to wipe away the blood that dripped from his mouth. "Feel better?"

Kieran gave a silent nod of his head, his tight eyebrows seeming to relax. "Thanks, sweetheart." He smirked as Jay grimaced at the pet name.

"Don't call me that," Jay growled while tucking the empty blood bag into the waistband of her jeans.

Kieran's chuckle came out in a weak fit of coughs. "Ah, you don't mind it," His droopy eyes made their way to hers. "You didn't object to when I first called you that."

"Today?" Jay questioned. "I heard you, but I didn't say anything. That doesn't mean that I enjoyed it."

Kieran shook his head, closing his eyes. "The first night we met. I called you that, and you didn't take issue with being called by that name."

Jay studied Kieran closely. "So you're admitting to remembering the night you compelled me?"

He smiled softly. "I wouldn't forget a pretty face like yours."

Jay watched as Kieran slipped away into sleep. His eyes danced around as he dreamt of unknown things. Jay stood from the couch, breathing out a heavy sigh, and turned to look out a nearby window. The scent of Brennan consumed the room as he entered. She pivoted on her toes to face him, about to offer the blood bag she had but stopped in her tracks.

Brennan was standing in the room, but the man behind him held a gun to his back. "I know what you are," The man scowled at Jay. She gulped as she watched Brennan scowl.

"I told you she's human." The man hit Brennan over the head with the gun. He gritted his teeth as he glared ahead of him.

"You're vampire scum just like the other two." He pushed Brennan forward into the room. One of the sunbeams hit Brennan's arm and caused his skin to sizzle. He brought his hand back, pain lancing his face.

Jay thought quickly, watching the event unravel before her. "I'm human!" She said as she moved the curtain from the window so the sun would shine on her skin. The man looked puzzled before turning his attention back to Brennan. "They compelled me to stay with them. They use me as a human blood bag." I pitched my voice in a desperate-sounding tone, hoping to sell my point.