Chapter 5: Man Overboard and Night Out

Start from the beginning

"That's a good question. I'm sorry to be so worried about her but she's my cousin and basically my little sister so I want to make sure that she is safe and that people can't hurt her. I mean I guess I'll just be there to pick up the pieces if I need to. I mean he's a good kid I think. Let's just hope that nothing bad happens," CT said as there was a commotion across the bar, and Bananas and Derrick were involved and it was over by Hunter and Katrina. Hunter has Katrina's head covered with his hand and his beer bottle is shattered on the ground. CT and I got up quickly and bounded across the bar when we met up with Tori, Nelson, and Corey. Nelson and Corey quickly got in between Hunter and Katrina and Derrick and Bananas. "What happened," CT yelled rather angrily.

*Back to Katrina's P.O.V.*

Hunter and I were sitting there chatting and laughing over a joke Hunter just said when Bananas and Derrick are right next to us. All of a sudden there is a loud commotion and I hear glass breaking but then I realized I'm tucked tightly into Hunter's chest. "I've got you. You are okay. I promise I've got you. I don't know what's going on but I will protect you," Hunter whispered into my hair making me feel so much safer. I curled up even tighter. I glance up to see Nelson and Corey between us and Bananas and Derrick. Hunter swoops me up so he's carrying me and then he heads towards where the bus would be to pick us up. Tori and Cara Marie follow us and CT stays behind to find out what happened. As they are letting us onto the bus CT, Nelson, and Corey come over to us to see if we are okay. At this point, Hunter had put me down but held me closely. I looked up to see Hunter already looking down at me and he nods his head.

"What happened? I'm so confused we were just sitting and talking and then all of a sudden that huge commotion happened. What started it all," I asked him because I was confused and since everyone was around maybe they can fill me in on more things that happened before the commotion.

"So we were just sitting and talking and Bananas and Derrick came over and Bananas said something about you I didn't hear too much but he was being rude about you. I think Derrick was trying to tell him to quiet down because he realized you were right there. The loud crash before the broken glass sound was Derrick shoving Bananas into a table. The glass breaking was my beer bottle. Then I covered your head and held onto you because I didn't know what was going to happen next so as soon as Corey and Nelson were in between us and them I picked you up to take you away from the commotion because I know how your anxiety gets. But I don't know what others saw so maybe they can fill in why Bananas and Derrick came over by us," Hunter said as he pulled me into his chest in our seats.

"From what CT and I saw there were a loud noise and commotion and Hunter covered your head and we made our way over. Corey, Tori, and Nelson met us over there and we're already getting in the way to stop any physical altercation," Cara Marie said which didn't help fill in the blanks of the story,

"From what I saw Bananas was too intoxicated and he was trying to egg on Derrick to let him pick a fight with Katrina because apparently, he doesn't like her and Derrick was trying to give him fresh air but instead of coming towards the bus he steered Bananas towards y'all. This allowed Bananas to try and start a fight but he was pushing against Derrick and Derrick lightly shoved him back in line and then the commotion started. We started moving as soon as Derrick lead Bananas towards y'all," Nelson said as he explained what he and Corey saw. Once we got back to the house we were laying in the bedroom. Hunter was cuddling with me on my bunk when I started to really shake and started to panic. He pulled me close and just held onto me until I started to calm down. Once I calmed down I changed into sweat pants and a sports bra.

"Hey, Hunt, can you braid my hair for me please. I'm really tired and I don't want to braid my own hair," I said as I walked out the bathroom and stopped the guy's conversation. He nodded and I walked over and I sat down on the floor in front of him and he braided my hair. I then climbed into bed and curled up into a ball on the bed.

"Hey, Kat, I'm going to go change and I'll be back," Hunter said as he hugged me quickly. Hunter left to change and CT looked at me.

"How are you doing? I know tonight was a lot of commotion and often can make you panic, I just wanted to check in on you," CT said which caused me to look at him.

"I mean I was scared and was very panicking during the whole thing but I talked with Hunter and he made me feel better about everything and explained what had been going on. He also made sure that I was okay and made sure that anything that was scaring me was not anything that could actually hurt me," I said but then continued by saying, "I felt safe and that was something I'm not used to feeling so I'm kind of worried/scared but I'm not at a level of panicking crisis." As I finished answering CT Hunter walked back out changed and walked over to my bunk to give me a hug and a kiss on my forehead like he does every night. Everyone else had laid down at this point and the lights were now out. "Will you lay down here with me so I'm not alone for tonight I just need to be held," I said and Hunter nodded and climbed into my bunk with me and laid down so I can curl up and lay on his chest. "Goodnight, Hunt," I said before starting to drift off to sleep.

"Goodnight Kat, sleep well beautiful. I'll see you in the morning," Hunter said as he kissed my forehead.