Chapter 1: Ready or Not

Mulai dari awal

"Ummm, I'm a swimmer. I love the water and being around it but I was also a gymnast so I had to learn to be flexible and be able to adapt to any type of situation that is thrown at me. I played softball, basketball, football, and ran track through the school program but did club gymnastics and swimming outside of the school programs I was doing as well. I mean I guess I'm worried about the physical competitions because I'm so small and not actually built to be able to show bigger people around. I feel like the mental and puzzle competitions will be easy because of my job and because I'm relatively smart and graduated both high school and college with a 4.0. I mean I don't really know what to expect but I hope that I get the chance to experience what the challenge has to offer and to hopefully make some friends and fewer enemies because I feel like I already have enough of those," I said as I nudged Hunter to tell him that two other guys have approached us. He turns and sees them before answering me.

"Dang you make me feel stupid but I mean that's not very hard since you seem to be very well put together and like you have your life together. These two guys are Corey and Nelson. They are my two best friends and are part of the 'team young bucks' which only goal is to make sure that Bananas and other veterans have previously won the challenge. Boys this is Katrina Carter she's a rookie who is ready to see what the challenge has in store for her," Hunter said and the boys nodded and smiled towards me. I smiled at them and then did a small wave before finishing my beer and moving to stand up.

"We didn't mean to scare you off Katrina," Corey said as he stood up and walked towards me. I knew his reputation and I wanted nothing to do with him in that way. I would definitely be his friend though. I just looked at him and smiled before responding to him.

"Oh no, you didn't scare me off. My beer's empty so I was just going to grab another beer and probably to put on my suit so I can get into the pool because it looks lovely," I said as I walked towards the kitchen to grab another beer. After I grabbed my new beer Cara Marie approached me.

"Hello, I don't think I've gotten your name yet. I'm Cara Marie and I just wanted to welcome you to the challenge," Cara Marie said to me and then hugged me and I hugged her back.

"Well thank you for welcoming me. I really appreciate it. My name is Katrina and I'm excited to be here. I can't wait to see what will happen. But if you'll excuse me I think I'm going to change into my suit and take a dip into the pool to clear my thoughts," I said as I walked away to the room I put my stuff in to find boys in the room. "Excuse me, sorry, I put my stuff on the bottom bunk if you'd like I can move into a different room if it'll make you guys feel better," I said quickly while looking down.

"No sweetheart I think it is just fine that you put your stuff in this room. You have every right to be in this room. If we make you ever feel uncomfortable just let us know," Leroy said to me as I looked around and realized my roommates were Tony, Bananas, Leroy, and Darrell. I nodded and grabbed my swimsuit out of my duffle and went to the shared bathroom and changed into my suit and then brought my clothes back to my duffle before grabbing my beer again and heading outside again. As I'm leaving I hear the guys say.

"Did you guys just see that girl? She is literally so quiet but did you see that body that she has got. She is fit," Leroy said which caused all of us to nod.

"I think we need to go hang out outside by the pool to watch our new roommate and keep her out of trouble," Bananas said, and then we as a group left to go outside.

"Hey Katrina, you look amazing and so fit in your suit. You ready to get into the water," Hunter said to me as I noticed he too was in a swimsuit. He also had offered me his hand to walk into the water with him. I took his hand with one hand while I had my beer in the other. We got in the water and I walked my way over to the seats in the pool and sat down to talk with Hunter.